New name (Chapter 16)

I try to gain my sense back and touch my new self to make me believe the reality. I was not able to move my eyes off mirror. Mr. Rajan asks me to go and meet my mom. He tells me the room where she is.

I follow his instructions to find her. It wasn't difficult to find her. I enter the room and she is sitting on a chair waiting for me. Ms. Sabryna isn't there. As I enter, she looks at me and smiles.

I smile back and she says, "Hello young lady. Are you an actor in Ms. Sabryna's new film?"

I am shocked as hell. My own mom doesn't recognize me. I freak out for a second then thought of play around a little. A little prank won't harm anyone.

I reply maintaining a feminine voice, "Hello madam. Yes, I am playing a role in her movie and I guess you must be the heroine I heard a lot about. You are prettier than Ms. Sabryna told."

Mom blushes hard, "No dear, I am not the heroine and thanks for the compliment. A relative of mine is taking the part. I am waiting for that to come only."

I, "I don't believe you. There is no way you are not the heroine."

Mom, "Okay, enough buttering but I like you."

At this point, I am not able to hold my laughter anymore and burst out laughing as hard as a human can, placing my hands on my stomach as it starts aching. Mom looks at me confused thinking if the girl in front of her has gone mad.

I try to maintain my posture and speak, "Mom, it's me Ashu. How can you not recognize your son?"

I see mom's mouth open wide in shock and she replies, "Because you are my daughter, not my son."

I stare at her with killer eyes and she says, "Oh Ashu, how can anybody on this planet recognize this beautiful young girl as my son?"

I, "I guess I agree with you as well. Mr. Rajan truly transformed me into a girl. Even I couldn't recognize myself. Anyway, where is Ms. Sabryna?"

Mom, "She said that she has some issues to deal with and you should call her when Mr. Rajan free you."

I call Ms. Sabryna and she tells me to wait for just 5 minutes. She joins us in exactly 295 seconds and says, "Oh my God, Ashu. The results are even better than expected. You look gorgeous."

"Thank you, a lot, madam.", I reply.

Sabryna, "One last thing, here keep this card. I scheduled your classes with your voice trainer. He will teach you to speak in a female voice so the only thing that differentiates you from a girl also goes away."

I take the card from her and keep in the pocket of my skirt. Luckily this skirt has a pocket.

She continues, "I opened a bank account for you. Here is the debit card. I deposited some money in it so that you can have some lunch today and then shop for your new wardrobe and makeup for you. Your boy clothes won't be needed for long."

Mom fills with excitement in the name of shopping for me. I look at the clock and see it's already 3 p.m. I hear some sound coming from my stomach.

Mom asks Sabryna, "Is there anything left, Ms. Sabryna?

She shakes her head and says, "No, you can go now but I need to know just one thing first."

Mom, "And what is it?"

Sabryna, "Now that your son is a girl, don't you think Ashu isn't an appropriate name for her?"

Mom nods in agreement and asks me, "Ashu, is there any name you already had thought of?"

I shake my head. She asks again, "Is there any name you want to have?"

I shake my head again and reply, "Mom, you named me when I was born so this time also you should name me."

Mom smiles, "You are such an adorable girl. Okay, let me think."

Mom thinks for 2 minutes and continues, "I have three suggestions for you and you have to choose one of them."

I, "Okay"

Mom, "Ashley, Amayra, and Ashima."

I, "At least you didn't forget the tradition of A. hahaahaa. I think Ashley isn't appropriate for an Indian girl, Ashima is too similar to my real name and reminds me of being a boy. So, I choose Amayra."

Sabryna, "What a great choice Amayra."

Mom, "Amayra, now say goodbye to Ms. Sabryna and then we will go to have lunch."

I wave Sabryna goodbye. Mom took me to a mall not too far from the studio. Its name is Oberoi Mall. We enter a shop having only diet food. I wanted to eat some pizzas but mom didn't allow me. She says that a girl should take care of her weight.

Actually, I am getting used to being called a girl now. We order two plates of continental salad.