Lead on John's Case (Chapter 25)

Saturday, 9th January 2016

Today, school is off but even then I woke up quite early. Hell, whom am I lying? I couldn't even sleep last night. All the time I was just thinking about how we can help John and hoped that everything goes unharmed.

I announced the auditions yesterday during the second half of the school with John. I intentionally picked him for my help because I didn't want to leave him alone as much as possible. A few students asked me several questions about why these auditions are being organized and we managed well.

I was scared because of some movies as well where they burn the possessed alive to get rid of the ghost. Anyway, I can't do anything lying in bed so I get up and pick my outfit. As today can be a dramatic day so I think to wear my hot pant and silk top.

I don't want to run around in a skirt showing my panties. I get to take a bath and notice nobody is awake yet. I ignore the silence in the house and enter the bathroom.

While taking a bath, I hear someone.

Unknown voice, "Don't dare to enter my house."

But nobody is in here. I startled with fear and think, "Was it real or am I hallucinating."

I finish my cleaning fast and run towards my room still shaking. I put on some makeup and pink shoes then tie my hairs in two high ponytails. It's still 6 in the morning so I think to finish my homework just in case I won't get time later.

I continue studying until 8 am when mom comes to wake me up but finds me on the study table. She gets excited watching me serious about my studies. Without disturbing me, she gets to the kitchen and brings my breakfast to my room.

As soon as I finish breakfast, my phone rings and I pick Mandeep's call.

Mandeep, "Are you ready?"

I, "Yes, I am ready from 6 am."

Mandeep, "Okay, I will pick you in 15 minutes."

I agree and he cut the call.

After 30 minutes we both are outside of John's house. Before visiting here, we made a call to his parents and convinced them to send John somewhere out so we can talk in private. It was tricky but we managed somehow.

I ring the doorbell and Mrs. Pablo (John's mother) opens the door. She looks at me and asks, "Hello young lady, who are you?"

Mandeep interrupts, "Good morning Mrs. Pablo. You know her. She is Amayra."

Her expressions change from a worried mother to a shocked lady. I ask her, "May we come in?"

Mrs. Pablo, "Oh, yeah, sure. Please come in. Please tell me what is the matter? My husband and I are really worried about yesterday when Mandeep talked with us. I can't believe John said we always fight."

I, "Mrs. Pablo, what we are about to say is also unbelievable but you need to stay calm. Now, we will continue if you let us meet Mr. Pablo as well."

Mrs. Pablo, "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize I keep talking to you outside. Please come this way."

We both enter the house. Mr. and Mrs. Pablo sit in front of us and Mrs. Pablo offers some juice to us. We gently accept her hosting and try to get to the point.

Mandeep, "Sir, before we share something with you, we need answers to some questions if you don't mind."

Mrs. Pablo, "Sure, you can ask anything. I will try to answer them as much as I know."

I, "Thanks a lot. Can you tell us who lived here before you?"

Mr. Pablo, "I am not sure because this house was selected by my company after my transfer to India but I heard some rumors that a family of three lived here and a child committed suicide. That's why they left the place."

Mandeep and I share a look and then Mandeep asks him, "Is there any way to contact the couple?"

Mrs. Pablo, "We are not even sure that the rumor is even true or not. I don't think it's possible."

I, "But I believe it's true. Please it's very important."

Mr. Pablo, "If that's so, I share with you a contact number who can help but at least tell us what's wrong with John."

Mandeep and I feel the same feeling of fear, the fear of telling truth but we somehow manage to speak, "We think John is possessed by this kid who committed suicide."

Mr. Pablo's face turns hot red in anger but Mrs. Pablo controls him saying that she had promised us not to get angry.

Mr. Pablo, "How can you say such a horrible thing about your friend?"

I, "Sir, please calm down. We still don't know the complete story and we are saying this because two girls from our team had seen him floating in the air in his room."

Mrs. Pablo suddenly feels dizzy and grab a chair nearby. I hand her a glass of water and tell her to take care of John until we solve the mystery.

Mandeep, "It feels like the soul is harming him mentally and not physically. So, we need to keep him as much happy as possible to fight it."

Mr. Pablo gives us the contact number he talked about and we ask for permission to leave and tell them not to share anything about this meeting with John.

They agree and we call on the number after coming out of the house but it doesn't connect. Mandeep calls Mr. Pablo and tells him that the number he gave is not working.

Mr. Pablo replies that he already had the intuition that it will happen because he hadn't connected on this number for years. Then he messages Mandeep an address and says, "You should go on this address to meet Mrs. Anupama. She was the one who had shown us this house."

He also requests to join us but we argued that we need someone to take care of John and he agreed with a worried tone.