Taaleem (Chapter 4)

Sunday, 27th December 2015

Ajay's pov

The guard injured at my work place wasn't injured much but this greedy ass tried to seek an opportunity to blackmail my company for money as recovery for his loss. He was seeking Rs. 2 million but my company has the policy to give Rs. 100,000 only. This kept my attention for the last whole week and now its finally settled. Don't ask me how but I did it.

Due to all this mess, I wasn't able to chat with Ashu and had a look at his studies. My kid as a very smart and talented teenager but sometimes his talent makes me worry about his future more.

You guys are pretty well aware that the goal he seeks isn't a child's play. Yes, children are also acting in movies but what I mean only 1 out of lakhs of people succeed. So, I try to push him in studies as a backup plan. It's my job, isn't it?

When he first said he wants to be an actor, I wasn't in support because of my insecurity for him. So, we settled with a deal that it shouldn't affect his grades. He said that he is thinking about a name for his drama group and he is really confused.

I gave him a suggestion that it should be TAALEEM as it means education. I taught him that a good student, always wins and to my surprise he took it as his motto for life.

He accepted my suggestion and this became the beginning of "TAALEEM".

I work up at 5:30 in the morning and head to Ashu's room to check him out. He was sleeping soundly. So, I came back and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

At 6 a.m., he came to the living room. I was already there. He wished me a good morning and I reply in a good morning. Then I asked him about his plans for today.

Ashu's pov

I wake up two minutes before my alarm chimes. I have a little body pain today but couldn't find the reason for it. Grunting, I move to the living room. Dad was watching TV when I enter. I was a bit angry with him because we didn't have a talk last week but I understand he doesn't do it on purpose. He wishes him but couldn't hear what he said.

I ask, "What do you say?"

He said, "I asked you about your plan for today."

I reply, "Oh, team Taaleem has a competition on the 1st of Jan. So, I guess we are going to practice today a little harder. We have to maintain our winning streak."

He smiles, "My hard-working boy but doesn't for---"

I interrupt him, "--get, to keep track of my study. Dad it's so long and I have proved you many times that I won't let you down. Don't you believe me?"

He replies, "No my boy, I don't mean that. I know what you said is true. You know your father; I am just worried about you. Tell me, are you taking care of yourselves? Are you having proper diet?"

"Yes, Dad, I am." I reply.

Talking to him is so relaxing that I even forget about my pain. After this conversation, I head towards the bathroom, take a bath, and dress up. Today is a bit hot, so I decide to wear a cotton T-shirt with a Jurassic park print on it and a loose Capri which reaches up to my knees.

I skip breakfast and ask mom to pack it for me with lunch. I am still feeling sore. Ignoring it, I leave the house telling goodbye to everyone.

At School Playground...

Pawan was standing at the gate of the school. When I asked him, why is he standing there? He replies, "I was waiting for you." During our conversation, Suman also join us with a packet of chips in hand. We reach the ground and we quickly put on our costumes and start practicing.

I was taking breaks every 15-20 minutes.

Mandeep says, "Is everything alright? you never take a break before less than an hour.

I reply, "Yes, everything is good. Its just a little body pain."

Mandeep says, "A have one good news and one bad news for you. Which one you want to hear first?"

"Mmm..., that's hard to select. Okay, tell me good one first."

"The competition we have on Friday, I know who is the chief guest." Mandeep says.

I jump in excitement and ask him to tell me the name fast. He calms me down and says, "Its one and only Sabrynabrooklynne."

"You aren't kidding right. Seriously, you mean The Sabrynabrooklynne, the famous director from the US.

Mandeep says, "Yes, The Sabrynabrooklynne. Rumors says that she is coming to India soon. Even she is from the US, she always admired Indian artists, and this time she is here to pick some fresh faces for her new film. I am not sure if it's true as they are only rumors."

"And the bad news."

"You need to go back home now and rest. I don't want my caption to fail ill during competition and couldn't able to perform."

Shubham jumps in and says, "I agree with Mandeep."

By the time, I see Suman coming towards me with my bag on her shoulder. I immediately understand that now I can't say anything.

So, with a sad face, I move back home. 

At Home...

I open my lunchbox and ask my mom to heat it up so I can eat it. She refuses my request and says, "No, wait for a few minutes and I will make you fresh food. Why are you back so early?"

I reply, "Taaleem kicked me out a--"

Are you kidding me? You are the caption of the team. How can they kick out? What happened?" Mom says before listening to my complete sentence.

"WOW! Hold on your questions and let me finish. They kicked me out of school and told me to take rest because I was having a little pain since morning." I reply.

She says, "Oh sorry but why didn't you say it earlier."

I reply, "I would if you let me."

She giggles, "No, I mean about pain"

"It wasn't much and I thought would fade away in a while " I reply with a little ignorance.

She hands me the food and a pill. I take the pill after ten minutes of lunch and head to my room. I was feeling sleepy because of medicine and instantly fall asleep.

I wake up around 6 p.m. and my pain was gone. Dad comes to my room and ask, "How are you feeling now?"

I reply, "I am completely fine now."

"Good, why did you lie to me in the morning", Dad says.

I reply, "Honestly, I didn't. Actually, I completely forgot it while talking with you."

He giggles and says do you have homework left to finish. I nod and help me to finish it. Just after three minutes of homework completion, mom calls us for dinner. We ate our dinner and went to sleep.