Planning Auditions (Chapter 23)

After the 1st period, the teacher moved out and the entire class surrounds me with several questions.

First Student, "Hey, Amayra, we are still unable to believe that this is you."

Second Student, "Please, don't get us wrong. We are not saying we have you or anything similar."

Third Student, "Yeah! It's just so sudden that it feels like some prank."

Suddenly, Pawan comes in my rescue and tell everybody to give me some space.

Pawan, "Can you guys please let her breathe? You have just the news about her change but she is going through all of this. Please, try to understand that it's not easy for her as well."

I blush hard at his comment and Sneha notices.

Sneha, "Hey, look at the beauty blushing. You are looking even more adorable."

Pawan, "Haven't you heard what I said?"

Sneha, "Ok, ok, I am sorry."

Everybody backs to their seats as our next teacher enters the class. I pass the time somehow till lunch then we all move to the playground.

I notice some students try to come to talk to me but Shubham and Mandeep help to convince them not to bother us, then we begin our chat.

Mandeep, "First thing first, why didn't you discuss your plan with us at first?"

I reply, "Look, I am sorry but I didn't have time for that. It all happened so fast that even I couldn't interpret."

Shubham, "Ok, we understand. You need not apologize."

Kritika and Bhavika speak in unison, "Give us every detail in past days."

I, "I will tell you for sure if Shubham can quit staring at Bhavika like an owl."

Shubham blushes but doesn't stare away and every laugh at his actions. I repeat myself in detail although I told a lot yesterday over chat. After I finish, they ask a lot of questions mostly unimportant.

John, "Only one last question. Why were you talking about quitting Taaleem?"

Suman makes a punch showing me in threat, "You must give an appropriate answer if you don't want a punch from me in your pretty face."

I, "Hey, hold your punch. First, let me answer then you can decide whether to beat me or not."

Suman, "Ok, continue."

I, "See, our school leaves us at 2 p.m. then my mannerism class is at 3 p.m. and it lasts for 2 hours. At 5:30 p.m. I have to attend my voice training class and I get free at 7 p.m. from and even from now, I have to do my homework and practice the lessons I learn. As you can see, why I am wearing these heels and also trying to talk in a feminine voice. So, do you still think I can be a part of Taaleem."

Pawan, "Well that sounds pretty reasonable. So, what's your plan?"

I, "Since I have to step back, we need my replacement and also need to decide the next leader of this group."

Bhavika, "But what will we tell everyone? Why we are organizing this audition for a replacement? Why Amayra is leaving the team?"

Shubham, "She has a point."

Mandeep says to Shubham, "Oh! We all know you will agree with her."

Bhavika, "Hey, it's not the time to tease him, or is it?"

Mandeep, "Sorry, sorry. Please, continue."

I, "I agree too with Suman. We need some nice excuse."

Pawan, "What if we tell everyone that you are not interested in acting anymore?"

Kritika, "Really! Can't you come up with something better? No one will believe it. It's even more difficult to believe than Ashu is turned into Amayra."

I, "Yes, think of something better."

Shubham, "What if we say that Amayra is going through some lung disease?"

I, "And then I am not allowed in PT class and workout which eventually leads to me being fat. No way."

John, "What if we say that we want to expand our team?"

I, "Then, what will you say when I won't show up on practice and when a new leader is chosen?"

John, "Yeah! Right. It didn't strike my mind."

I, "Come on guys and girls, you can do it."

Mandeep, "Mmmm..., what if Amayra never leaves the team?"

I, "You know that's not possible?"

Mandeep, "Yes, it is possible. We will say that Amayra is taking a short break because she needs to adjust to her new life."

Kritika jumps in excitement, "What an idea sir."

I, "I knew you can do it. Superb"

Pawan, "So, it's done. Let's eat lunch then we will go to the principal's office and take permission to circulate the news of auditions."

We all agree but after lunch, John stops us and says, "What about the new Cap? We haven't discussed that?"

Suman, "Right. Who will be our new captain?"

Mandeep, "Is it necessary to talk about this right now?"

I, "Yes and I want that either you or Shubham to take the seat."

Mandeep, "Hey, give it a pause. Are you really sure about that? Maybe someone else is interested in this position as well."

I, "Then let's ask everybody and figure it out."

Kritika, "I think Bhavika can be a potential nominee. She motivated us many times at the time of no hope and we make through a whole lot of situations just because of her words."

Suman, "I agree with Kritika."

Mandeep, "And I don't think I can manage the Bhangra and leading Taaleem together."

I, "Okay, let's decide with votes."

All votes in favor of either Bhavika or Shubham. The results are Bhavika got 2 votes Shubham got 4. Bhavika and Shubham didn't vote because they are in the election.

So, we get our new Captain/leader of the team then we ask Pawan to handle the meeting with the principal and he replies, "No sweat."

We all move back to our classes. Before school day completes, Pawan informs us that he secured the permission and we can promote our audition tomorrow.

We gave each other high five and get back home. After lunch, I go to attend my training classes and the rest of the day passed nothing much eventful.