A New Friend (Chapter 27)

Mrs. Anupama is a very kind lady. She treats us like her own kids. She also complimented on my looks and my dressing style. I liked her words that's for sure. I won't lie, at least not to you people who listen to me all the time without any word.

She observes us both sitting on the sofa, tea in one hand, and biscuit in the other hand. Then she says, "What in the world took you two cuties come to me?"

Mandeep, "Good evening mam. Sorry to bother you but we need your help otherwise we wouldn't try to waste your time and only you can help us."

Mandeep's words impress Mrs. Anupama and she replies, "Aww, I will help you for sure but you have to promise me not to be this formal next time. I really like you two. Now, we can start with a small introduction."

I, "Oh, sorry, I am Amayra Goyal and this is my friend Mandeep. I just got to know that I am a colleague with your son as well in his upcoming movie."

Mr. Karan also join us while I was introducing myself and Mandeep. He looks at me with a weird look and I still not figured out if he really knows my real name or not. I just realize I introduced myself as Amayra naturally. Oh man, this being a girl thing is riding my head now.

Mrs. Anupama, "And what can I do for you, Amayra?"

I, "A common friend of ours is in serious problem and we even don't know that you will believe us or not. Anyways, some years ago, you might help Mr. and Mrs. Pablo to shift from Canada to Mumbai if you remember."

Mrs. Anupama, "Let me think."

Mandeep, "For your help, they had a two years old son John with them at that time."

Mrs. Anupama, "Oh, that helped a lot. Yes, I remember now. He was a fine man and their son was also very adorable."

I, "We want to know who lived in their house before Pablo family."

Mrs. Anupama, "And why do you want to know that?"

Mandeep, "As Amayra said, we don't know if you will believe us or not?"

I, "I will tell you mam but you have to promise me that you won't back down if you find our reason stupid or impractical or a myth. I mean anything."

Mrs. Anupama, "Ok, I promise but just before you asked for it."

I, "Thanks a lot mam. We owe you a big one. Actually, the boy John is our friend in trouble. As far, we doubt that John is possessed by the spirit of a child that lived there before Pablo's family."

Mrs. Anupama fills with anger and says, "I didn't expect kids like you to believe in such stupidity. You broke my heart."

I, "Please calm down mam. We knew that you might think so but we have our reasons. We have seen the effect. We have seen him floating in the air."

A tear falls down my cheek as I say so. Mrs. Anupama leans down and fills me in her arms.

Mrs. Anupama, "Oh dear, I am sorry to scare you."

I reply, "No mam, I am just worried about my friend, that's all. You need not to say sorry."

Mrs. Anupama leaves me and says, "Give me some time and I will figure it out, Okay."

I nod and Mrs. Anupama orders Mr. Karan to drop us home as it is getting late. Mr. Karan follows the order and guide us to the car. We sit down and he starts driving after filling the address in GPS.

Mr. Karan, "Hey Amayra, what you said in there, is it really true? You weren't acting, right? I mean if you were than I am impressed."

I, "I hope it was all an act but it was not. Whatever I said was 100% true."

Mr. Karan, "Don't tell anyone but I am really fear of such stuff."

I giggle, "So that's why you refused to work in that blockbuster horror movie."

Mr. Karan, "Hey, don't make fun of me. Don't you feel scared of anything."

I, "Sorry and I have an endless list of fears."

Mr. Karan, "But I think you are some kind of magician. You really hypnotized Sabryna to cast you. How did you do that?"

I, "Thanks for the compliment sir but I had done nothing. I still don't know what makes her think so. By the way, what did she told you about me?"

Mr. Karan, "If I say I one line, she said that you are the sweetest and most talented girl she had ever seen."

I think, "Wait she said I am a girl. This means she didn't tell him the truth but why? What's going on in her mind? I think I have to wait to know anything."

We have a good chat while Mandeep was contributing only in intervals and mostly remained silent. Soon, we reach my home. It is around 8 in the evening and I invite Mr. Karan inside the house but he gently refused saying he is late for something.

We wave goodbye to Karan and then I say goodbye to Mandeep before entering the home.

Mom, "Where you been the whole day?"

I, "I was with Mandeep and we are gone to meet Mr. Karan, the same actor who is playing the lead role with me."

Yes, I don't want mom to know the complete truth. Otherwise, she won't let me do it that's why I tell her only a little part. Mom ask me to go and change into new pajamas see placed on my bed.

I say ok and run towards my room. I see a cute sky-blue colored pajama on the bed with two Disney Princess on the legs and a short skirt attached to it. The skirt has a lot of heart on it in red color. Don't tell anyone but I have started liking it.