We Leave At Dawn

It's been 13 days since the ball, there hasn't been much trouble in Jump City, just a few minor bank robberies. Everything is going to change after tomorrow, it'll just be me and Beast Boy. "Friend Raven?" I snap out of it when I hear Starfire's voice. "Yeah?" I say while I look at her. "Are you and Beast Boy going to be ok while we are gone?" She says while packing her bags. "Yeah Starfire we'll be just fine. You, Cyborg and Robin don't need to worry about us, just stay focused on the mission" I say trying to comfort her. She nods and starts walking towards her dresser to grab some more clothes.
I walk down to the garage to see what Cyborg is up to. "Oh, what's up Rave?" He says while checking the air pressure of his car's tires. "Just seeing what you were doing... need any help?" I ask. "Sure" he says while smiling. "So what are we doing?" I ask while looking at the car. "Testing it to make sure it can with stand strong blows, the speed, and the defense equipment on it" he says while smiling. "So what do I need to do?" I ask. "Pick something heavy up off the ground and slam it on her with all you got!!!" He says while crossing his arms and grinning.

       "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!!!" I say while I pick up a boulder outside and I use my dark magic to slake it onto the car

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!!!" I say while I pick up a boulder outside and I use my dark magic to slake it onto the car. The boulder breaks into pieces and I say "Wow, not even a scratch." "She's amazing isn't she?" Cyborg says while batting his eyes. I laugh and say "Alright, I'm going to go check in on the others." I walk back into the elevator to go find Robin. He's most likely in his private room. I walk down the hall and enter the passcode to go into the room and sure enough, Robin is standing in front of Slade's mask. "Robin, what are you doing?" I say as I walk towards him.
            "There has to be another way Raven" he says while looking at me. "Look, I will do everything I can to try and find a spell, but if I can't find one in the next 4 months then I will send him to Trigon" I say while touching his arm. "No, you can't do that you'll" I cut him off and say "Die? Everyone dies sooner or later Robin. I took a pledge of putting everyone before myself, I don't intend on breaking it" I say while looking him in his eyes. "We won't lose you again Raven. End of discussion" he says while crossing his arms. "It's my body Robin, don't think I wouldn't sacrifice myself to save you and everyone else. You need to focus on the mission and stop worrying about me" I say angrily. "I can't help it" he says while grabbing my hand. "Well try to" I snap back. "I need to go finish packing" he says while letting my hand go. I nod at him and he walks out of the room. I didn't mean to start an argument but there's more important things to worry about than a half demon and a half Azarathian dying.
         I'm going to go find Beast Boy. I get back into the elevator and walk into the living room. He's not in here, that's unusual. I close my eyes and feel my self search the tower—there he is, on the roof. I teleport to the roof to see him dangling his legs off the edge of the tower. Before I can say anything his head turns, "I thought that was you" he says as he motions me to come sit beside him. "How'd you know?" I say while sitting beside him. "If I know anyone's scent it's your's" he says while looking at me. "What's that supposed to mean?" I say as I sniff my cloak. "After that thing with Adonis, every time you come around me I get this feeling" he says while looking at the sun. "Oh, of fear?" I say casually. "Hahahaha no" he says while giving me a goofy smile.
            "I mean like, I know your scent now, I could find you easily if you were in a room with all of Jump City. Most of the time I don't even try to smell for you but its like I don't have a choice" he says while looking at me. "That's weird" I say while returning the look. "I guess that's why I'm so overprotective of you now" he says while looking back at the sunset. "Wait, you're overprotective of me?" I say while giving him a confused look. "Well yeah. I wouldn't be a Vegetarian anymore if I seen Red X again. I would have morphed into a tiger and ate him for putting you in danger like that" he says and I start to laugh. "Yeah, thanks for that" I say while smiling. "No problem" he says while smiling at me. "It's going to be different without them here isn't it?" I say while losing my smile. "Yeah it is. I'm going to miss them" he says while his ears fall down.
           "Me too. You know you could have went with them right?" I say while looking at him. "I'm not going to leave you here all alone Rae. You could get hurt trying to protect all of Jump City by yourself... I couldn't live with myself is something happened to you because I left" he says while staring at me. "Thanks" I say quietly. "Since it's just going to be you and me for a while... maybe we should try to get to know each other a little better?" He says while looking away from me. "We've been friends for 4 years, what else could we find out about each other?" I say back to him. "We only know each other has teammates, not like actual friends" he says while smiling. "How about this, let's start playing 21 questions tomorrow after the other Titans leave, deal?" He says while holding out his hand. "Deal" I say while shaking it. "Hey... I need a favor" I say while looking at him. "Sure, what's up?" He says while smiling. "Come with me" I say casually while walking back into the tower.
             Beast Boy and I walk into the living room to see all of their bags waiting by the door. "We leave at Dawn" Robin says while sighing. I look at the clock and it's already 8:00 at night. "I've found a spell to keep all of you protected while you are gone. It'll also be a way to contact me at anytime whenever you're in trouble. All of you stand up" I say while pointing towards the middle of the living room. They all walk towards the living room and stand beside each other. "Beast Boy I need to channel your energy. Is that ok?" I say while looking at him. He nods and he grabs my hand. "All of you hold hands" I say as Cyborg grabs Robin's hand and Starfire grabs his other hand. I take a deep breath and starts my chant, "Zorex a caius, nile lez aux obrium oui twenth Azarath!!!!" I feel my eyes glow white as my white magic surrounds all of us. "Woah, that feels different" Cyborg says while looking at everyone else. "So how does it work?" Starfire asks. "I gave all of you some of my magic. If you need help you can channel my energy and if you meditate you can contact me with your mind" I say while looking at them. "Thank you friend" Starfire says as she hugs me.
         "Thanks Raven" Cyborg says as he walks towards me to hug me too. I smile at all of them and Robin says "Raven can we talk in private?" I nod me head and teleport us to the roof. "I was thinking about what you said earlier and I think you're right... I think we should go back to being friends..." he says while looking down. I feel my heart sink but I don't show it and I say "I think so too." I turn around to walk back into the tower but he grabs me and pulls me into him.

" I turn around to walk back into the tower but he grabs me and pulls me into him

      "I'm sorry Raven" he says as his lips leave mine. I nod my head and go back inside. I hide the fact that I'm hurt so everyone can have a good time tonight before they leave. Cyborg and Beast Boy are making jokes as usual. Starfire is burping Silky and Robin is watching tv. It's going to be so weird now, it's just going to be me and Beast Boy. Well, and Silky. After tomorrow morning, everything is going to be different. We are all startled by Starfire crying. "Star what's wrong?" Cyborg says while frowning. "I am going to miss the Silky, and friend Raven and Beast Boy" she says while sobbing. "We're going to miss you too Starfire" Beast Boy says while looking sad. "And I will most Beast Boy telling the jokes that are not funny to friend Raven" she says while wiping her eyes. "You'll be back in 4 months Starfire, and when you get back we'll have a girl's night out ok?" I say trying to comfort her. "She's right Star, we'll be back real soon" Robin says while putting his hand on her back. "It's getting late Titans, we have to leave at sunrise" Robin says while getting up. "Goodnight y'all" Cyborg says while frowning. "Goodnight" we all say.
        "This sucks" Beast Boy says while walking to his room. I agree. My best friends are leaving for 4 months straight and then my boyfriend just broke up with me. Can things get any worse? I shut my mouth because I hear my inner demon laugh. I better get some sleep to, it's going to be a long day tomorrow. Starting at 6 AM.