8: Allergies

My mind blanks out, nothing seems to make sense. After saying those words he goes back to examining my wound wordlessly.

I find myself dumbfounded at the new information. What does he mean by we did? How come they never came to meet me or even let me know about their existence.

All this is just increasing my headache, so I stop thinking about it.

'I'll have to ask Liam about it later' With that thought in mind I put my brain to rest.

"Yep, it's definitely infected and needs stitches," he confirms after a little more examining.

My entire body goes stiff at the thought of having stitches but, not because of the pain. I had gone through much worse, but because that means going to a doctor.

"Oh no, no. Don't worry we won't make you see a doctor for that. I can take care of it, it's not that major," he clarifies coming to stand in front of me, with a soft smile.

I smile back the best I can, as relief washes over my entire being. He then fixes the side of my shirt and goes back towards the stove. It's then that I realize that it's already sunrise and that everyone must be up by now and Liam is most probably prepping for breakfast.

"Can I help? " I ask in a soft voice.

I did not like sitting down and watching other people work when I can help them. If I can I always like to help, it gives me a certain joy I can't explain. And plus I need to get my mind off of things and this stupid headache. It's getting better, now it's just a dull pain.

He just shakes his head in negative. I pout my lips and give him the best puppy dog eyes I can master.

"Please? " I say adding a little baby voice to it.

He tries to deny again but sighs in defeat. I smile in victory and jump at the opportunity before he can change his mind, he just smiles at my antics.

We made eggs, bacon, hash browns, chocolate pancakes, and waffles. It felt like a lot of food but when the boys came down, breakfast started disappearing in thin air. I quickly took a seat next to Noah and Jason, who went on asking me if I was okay. It was a bit awkward talking to Jason seeing as it is the first proper conversation between us, but I get over it.

It looks like the entire house knew about my panic attack last night. I was a bit angry at them for telling everyone, but let it slide. Not that I could do anything about it anyway.

Once I fill my plate with what I want, I dig in without another word. I stop stuffing my face with food at the sound of Noah's voice.

"Why are you eating so less?" He asked in a stern tone.

"That's how much I normally eat," I replied casually.

"That's too little, here have some bacon." This time it is Jason who speaks, surprisingly with the same stern tone.

I catch his hand before he can place any bacon on my plate
This action of mine grabs the attention of the entire table, including Xavier's who raises an eyebrow in silent question.

"Sorry," I said and let go of his hand.

"I'm severely allergic to pork," is all in reply, defending my action.

They all nodded their heads as if making a mental note.

"What happens if you do eat?" This time it is Jack to ask the question.

"The first and last time I did eat pork by mistake, I landed in a hospital in excruciating pain for three days straight. That was when I was five or so" I say shuddering remembering that day.

I may have been young but the pain was unbearable and it was the same time the incident took place. The first and last time I remember being in a hospital without having a panic attack.

Author's note :

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thanks for reading

Don't forget to

Comment &vote

Thanks to all those who have voted for the previous chapters, it really means a lot to me.

~Kia