33: Memory Box

By the time the two reached back to their mansion the day had already dawned. Exhausted as they are, they proceed inside with the plans to head straight to bed.

But waiting on their arrival is an eager Seb, he places the length of the hallway outside Astoria's room in anticipation of their arrival.

As soon as they enter the door making their presence known, Seb's head snaps in their direction. Rushing down the flight of stairs, he approaches them with an unreadable expression.

The sight of Seb makes anxiety bubble in the minds of Xavier and Noah. Glancing at each other in uncertainty they shift their gaze back to Seb expectantly.

"What's wrong?" Are the first words that leave Xavier's lips. His forehead creased in confusion and anxiety.

"Her fever broke and her vitals are stable. That being said we don't need to move her to the hospital, but I would advise that someone always be present with her for the next twenty-four hours. I've already explained everything else to Liam and Jack, but I thought I should just let you two know too." Seb's words brought immense relief to the two brothers.

"Thanks, and will be sure to have someone with her all day," Xavier says in a monotone, his face void of any emotions as usual.

With a firm nod from Seb, Xavier proceeds towards his room.

_______________________________

Astoria's P.O.V

Rubbing my eyes, I sit-up on my bed. Looking around I find a very tired looking Liam sitting at my bay window gazing outside.

"Good morning Irmãzinha," he says taking me by surprise as his gaze is still fixed outside the window.

"Morning," I say a moment later, sleep still evident in my tone.

"Slept well?" He asks turning his attention to me from the window.

"Yup! I don't feel dead anymore," I mumble the last part, but his chuckle proves that he heard it causing me to blush.

"You look tired," I point out. He has clear bags under his eyes and his face overall looks exhausted.

"Don't worry about it," he says waving his hand in dismissal.

"If you say so..." I say with uncertainty clear in my tone.

"You feeling okay to come downstairs for breakfast or should I have someone bring it up for you?" I smile at his concern.

"I'll be down in a few," I tell him. He returns the gesture and with a firm nod leaves the room.

Finishing my morning routine in a hurry, I rush downstairs for breakfast. I speed walk to the kitchen when my body collides with another. Arms wrap securely around me preventing me from having a face-to-face meeting with the floor.

"Hey, slow down there," I immediately recognize Noah's voice. A sense of déjà vu washes over me.

"Sorry, I'm just starving," and as though on cue my stomach growls loudly causing me to blush.

Laughter rings through the room, "come on then let's go get you some breakfast, shorty," his words make me look up at him a send him a playful glare.

"After you giant," I reply. An amused look flashes in his eyes, shaking his head at me we head into the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen, I see Liam behind the counter, steering up something on the stove. "Please don't tell me you're making Tizan for breakfast today," I whine giving him the puppy dog look.