30: Jason

I turn and roll around the soft surface of the sheets trying to find a comfortable position. I push away the heavy warm covers that are over me feeling a sudden wave of heat hit me.

'Wait a minute, soft surface? Where am I?'

I try to pry my eyes open but, find it hard to do. I can feel layers of sweat coating my forehead as my face burns. I immediately reach out for the warm heavy cover I had tossed off of my body just a while ago when an unexpected jolt of shivers runs through me.

'What is happening to me?' I cry out in my mind.

Cuddling my pillow and comforter I desperately seek warmth. My face and remaining body burn in heat yet I'm shivering. Ultimately I somehow manage to open my eyes that start to burn as soon as I do so.

My vision remains blur with the feeling of some wetness around and near my eyes. I slowly bring my face closer to my hands that are wrapped in the comforter, peeking only my fingers out of its comfort and warmth, I touch the area around my eyes.

'Tears. Had I been crying?'

I pressure my brain to refresh the memories wanting to know how I reached... 'Where am I ?'. I look around trying to get rid of my bury vision by furiously rubbing my eyes. Eventually, my vision clears out enabling me to take in my surroundings.

Blush pink and light grey walls greet me. Everything is just how I remember leaving it. 'How did I get back here?'

'When did I get here, why can't I remember anything?'

I bring my knees to my chest from under the comforter as another jolt runs through me again. Wrapping my arms around my knees, I notice how hot my skin is.

'Do I have a fever?'

'The last thing I remember is... Jason!'

'Is he okay?'

'Did they find him?'

Slowly but surely I recall everything, but still, it didn't explain how I got here. The last time I remembered was sitting on the staircase at Seb's place.

'What happened to Jason?'

'I hope wherever he is, he's safe'

'Was this all just a dream?'

I hear the sound of the door of my room being opened but, I remain rooted in my current position with my back facing the door mainly for two reasons; one: I finally found a comfortable position. And two : I don't think I have the strength to turn.

The sweet smell of berries invades the room. 'There is only one person I know who wears this perfume.' A small smile stretches across my face at the familiar smell.

"You awake?" Lindsey's soft soothing voice enters my ears, confirming my assumption.

"Yeah" I crock. My throat starts feeling scratchy all of a sudden resulting in my hoarse voice.

I feel the bed dip behind me, soon after which a hand is gently placed on my head. 'Wait how did she get here?' I look up at her in silent question and astoundingly she actually comprehends what I'm trying to ask.

"Your brothers thought you would feel better if you had a friend around. They asked me to come over when I had called you up to ask why had you missed practices," she explains, as he helps me sit upright on the bed with my comforter still wrapped tightly around me.

At this point, I didn't even care that I missed practice. Right now I'm more worried about Jason and more confused about as to how long had I been out for, that they had had the time to shift back to our old mansion!