-Ė‹Ėįµ—Ź°įµ‰ įµ˜Ė”įµ—ā±įµįµƒįµ—įµ‰ įµ‡įµ˜į¶œįµįµ‰įµ— Ė”ā±Ė¢įµ—ĖŽĖŠ-

prologue

— 𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘 —

"Is this even going to matter someday?"

The young girl took a step forward, hands shaking from the utter nervousness that consumed the best of her. Her eyes scanned around her surroundings where she caught a view of a crowd a few yards away from her.

They were currently waiting for a certain important person, their fingers gripping into some kind of a writing material. The girl figured out that maybe a celebrity was going to visit the campus and those group of compressed people were the media.

She shrugged the irritating sight away, slightly in disbelief with the fact that a lot of people would actually invest most of their time over a person who does not even have real talent; not that she was bitter or anything. It's just whether we like it or not, some people will just be more privileged than the other ones because of the status of the family that they belong to. What she's saying is that..

..life will never be fair.

Today, she's currently waiting for her turn for the scholarship interview. Although she isn't born as an overly optimistic individual, she still tries to be positive about the outcome of this day. She placed both of her hands in the middle of her chest and took a deep breath in the process.

"I can do this!" With that, she flung her arms into the air at the fullest extent as she reassured herself that everything is going to be alright. 

However, instead of hearing an imaginary sound of an accomplished sfx like in a video game, a groan came out of nowhere. Alarmed with the sudden sound, the girl tilted her head to its source, only to see a boy covering his nose. Her eyebrows rose in confusion as she completely face the unknown lad steps away from her.

"May I help you?" She politely asked despite herself cringing internally for sounding so formal. The boy cleared his throat before fixing the tie that was adorning his dress shirt and taking a good look on the girl.

"Next time, be careful with how you act in public. You hit me because of your inability to control your actions." The young woman blinked her eyes with the handful of words that she received from the stranger as he walked away from her. She felt a vein popping inside her mind, calling out the lean-figured ravenette out of nowhere with a loud hey.

"I'm not the one who acted like a bat and blindly chose to pass through a few inches away from me despite this hallway being hella wide!" Her blabbering caught the boy's attention and in an instant, he faced back towards her. Instead of a reply, what she received from him was an amused smile. Before the girl could interpret what that meant, he already walked out of the scene.

"Freaking degenerate." She grunted in disbelief and shifted her sight towards her folder, a paper where her 'ultimate bucket list' is written sticking out of it. Her breathing calmed down after being uplifted by the mere sight of her goals. The facial features that the strange boy possesses which she found so irritating finally slipped away from the grip of her mind as she heard her name being called out by the staff in the admission and aids office.

"Alright (Y/N), you got this."