ā˜‘ įµ‡įµ‰ įµƒāæ įµ’Ź³ā±įµįµƒįµā± įµįµƒĖ¢įµ—įµ‰Ź³

chapter thirty-nine

Bask amount of the frisk sunlight infested the lonely earth, piercing proudly on the window beams. The shade of yellow scattered on the ground in complete silence along with the small amount of mist being produced by the air conditioner. Nothing about the afternoon was grand  but, it was surely peaceful.

(Y/N) marched in full confidence as she gripped on the box that she was bringing. A triumphant smile conquered the fragility of her face, her lips showcasing a part of her porcelain hued set of teeth. She popped her head inside a certain office to check if the person that she was looking for was inside.

Her mood lit up in a flash, a flattery feeling of success drilling in the pit of her stomach while excitedly stepping in the pristine office room. The raven haired male has his eyes glued on the screen of his computer monitor and was not able to notice her entrance. Because of this, his body jolted upon being surprised with a shallow box placed on his desk.

Daisuke looked up to catch the young woman's ever-so-tantalizing (e/c) irises strained on his ice-blue ones. He tried to scan an answer on her face as he mentally questioned why she brought a whole box full of paper cranes, planes and a mix of whatnots.

"Ms. (Y/N), may I know what this is?" The owner of the name tilted her head with the boy's question, her eyes blinking alongside with it. 

"Oh I.. did this since I received a pdf of various ways in making an origami from you. I'm very sorry, I figured that I should perform the instructions in the file. That's.. that's what I was supposed to do, no?" She cleared her throat as she fished her phone out of her pocket and slid it to show the one that was sent to her.

The ravenette pursed his lips in devastation, his fingers immediately clicking on his email to check if it was what he really sent to her. Dread immediately withered in his chest upon confirming that he made a mistake in attaching the file for the young woman to work on.

"I..I deeply apologize for this. This is not the right document that I should have given to you." He fumbled with his gentle hold that was wrapped around his mouse, the cursor fidgeting on the different icons while he tried to calm his self with the ridiculous action he just performed.

(Y/N) simply nodded at this before unpredictably carrying the chair infront of his desk and placed it beside his seat. She plopped herself on the plastic stool, a reassuring beam sketched on her which was directly being showcased to the still tensed male. Her body leaned closer to the desktop to check on what was wrong on his PC. She thought that something might be bugging him from his computer which was shown through his small yet noticeably jumpy acts.

"Is your computer experiencing some technical problems? Let me see what I can do, with the help of our trusty YouTube of course!"

Daisuke never noticed how he has been staring at the young woman who was sitting dangerously close to him. The shining eyes of (e/c) that was scanning on the monitor was far too focused to comprehend the fact that the he has been stealing glances at its intoxicating color. 

The audio from the advertisement that flashed in front unsuccessfully entered the ravenette's skull as (Y/N) turned her head to face him and rant about how unskippadle ads are a spawn of hell. After blurting out her ridiculous comment, she realized how petty she must have sounded to him and shook her head while grinning afterwards.

The boy's lashes batted in a split second along with his unsteady breathing, his sight glued on the smile that was enchantingly plastered on the (h/c) haired girl's slightly chapped lips. He noted the flaws that were observable on her features; the puny wrinkles on top of her nose as she scrunched it became visible yet they were still so breathtaking to look at, nevertheless. 

"Your.. smile is so lovely."

The supposedly quiet buzzing of the fan in the CPU has become incredibly loud as not one of them dared to speak out a word. Daisuke's spine cringed with the cold sweat that shamelessly rolled down on it upon comprehending the sentence that he just spatted out of nowhere.

His cheeks, like a cherry blossom being caressed by the winds in April, bloomed in the color of pink. He hated his self for being this vulnerable around her, his lips parting in an attempt to explain his sudden mumbling.

Daisuke was halted after feeling his shoulders being squeezed, him immediately looking up to catch the young woman now standing up in front of him. There was a faint shy smile etching on her lips as it was obvious that she, too, feels embarrassed as well.

"You.. making me smile is more lovely.

•••

The male tapped his fingers on his wooden desk as he kept on looking at the calendar for some very odd reason. The days are quickly slipping away from his hold in an alarming state and it was making him antsy.

3 months; he only has this time to think of something that would stop her from leaving his sight. No, he wasn't being selfish.. he doesn't want to keep her to his self, rather, he wanted her to continue experiencing the bittersweet reality with the ones she loves.

He wouldn't allow anything to just randomly snatch the one woman that has been coloring her once plain life.

In the meantime, (Y/N) arranged the stack of folders on her table as she readied her self in going home. The hour hand was now almost pointing at 7 which notes that she should be heading out from the Kambe's manor. Before shoving the rest of her accessories on her satchel, she noticed an origami rose placed inside it. She was well aware that this wasn't her doing since all she did were the simple ones such as paper planes and cranes.

Gently, she picked the origami to inspect on it. It was professionally-made; with no signs of amateur cutting mistakes or glue smudges. In speculation of who might have gave it to her, the nostalgic feeling of warmth crept unto her face once again. Unknowingly, another set of smile was unraveled in the lips that she mightily possessed.

(Y/N)'s breath hitched upon noticing a pair of arms slowly slithering on her waist as a chin was propped on her shoulder. She felt a waft of heated air pass through the crook of her neck, the doer seemingly nuzzling the tip of their nose on the comfort that her (h/c) locks offer.

Daisuke's insides melted with the mere feeling of her back pressed firmly against his chest. It would always be a mystery for him on how this young woman played his emotions without any effort. She wasn't moving too much, probably because she was currently processing his sudden appearing behind her.

"(Y.. Y/N).. if I hold you tight like this..." His oceanic irises failed to stay vigilant as he found the lid of his eyes faltering its mission to stay up. With his orbs closed, he immersed himself with the sensation of her small yet partly calloused fingers brushing on his clothed arm. He pulled her body even closer towards his while he cautiously took note of her fast-paced heartbeats that was beating against him.

"...nothing's going to take you away from me, right?"