ā˜‘ įµ‰įµƒįµ— įµƒ į¶ įµ’Ź³įµ‰ā±įµāæ įµˆā±Ė¢Ź°

chapter twelve

Daisuke cleared his throat as he tried to take his gaze away from the young woman on the seat a few feet from his working desk but for some reason, he can't. He occasionally took some glimpses on his laptop and unto the (h/c) haired girl who is currently baby talking her pet.

Her pet chicken to be exact.

(Y/N) patted the domesticated fowl on its head, its soft feathers brushing past her palm. She was now very attached to the chicken that she could no longer see her self leaving the house without it, besides the fact that it would destroy her home if left unattended of course.

"It's okay, Melvin... Just an hour left and we wouldn't have to see his face for the rest of the night." She whispered to her dearly beloved but was still loud enough for the ravenette to hear. He pursed his lips in disbelief before going back to reading his files. Melvin, the chicken, squawked in agreement as if it understood her.

"Are you done with today's reports, Ms. (L/N)?" Daisuke suddenly asked in order to divert the girl's attention away from her rooster. She winced after hearing his voice since no one between them has been talking in the past hour. Her (e/c) orbs landed on the man, scrunching her nose out of mannerism afterwards.

"Yeah.. I uh.. emailed it to you." He took a good long look at her for awhile, blinking his eyes to snap his self out from his thoughts if he did receive it or not. He just gave a simple nod to his response and closed his laptop to spare all his attention towards the young woman.

"So.. do you have plans after this?"

"Hm? Oh I'm going directly to my place." (Y/N) paused on her stroking of the chicken as she shifted her sight to Daisuke. She shrugged her shoulders and placed Melvin gently on the floor. The rooster cackled while looking at its owner, causing the maiden to gently laugh at its reaction.

Daisuke observed her amused expression aimed towards the fowl and it was pretty much genuine. He shook his head after realizing that he was staring at her as he choked out a cough to snap her back to their conversation.

"Would you like to join me for dinner?"

"No I uh.. I-" She stood up from her seat while sketching some combination of words to compose her sentence.

"I have to play with my cat." A nervous smile made its way to climb in her face as she shyly scratched the back of her neck.

"You have a cat?"

"No- I meant the other cat." 

The ravenette raised his eyebrow in full confusion with her rebut to his question. After realizing that the boy might get the wrong meaning on what she said, she frantically waved her hands while trying to take the flustered expression off her face.

"I-I didn't mean it like that! I..I mean my neighbors own a cat that comes by my house every night!" She awkwardly coughed and grinned bashfully, earning a nod from Daisuke. He lightly smiled at her timid reactions before standing up from his seat.

"Alright. We'll have dinner at your house, then."

•••

She grumbled a handful of incoherent swearings while pushing her cart. Now that Daisuke was in her home getting the dinner ready, she had no choice but to spat an impromptu excuse to get herself out of the house since she's not willing to be under in the same roof as the man for more than the time of the destined working hours. She'll just return back if the food is already prepared.

Although she declined his offer, he was quite persistent. As much as she wants to complain, she actually wouldn't mind getting free food. Don't judge her though.. free stuffs are her life.

Her feet stopped walking after realizing that Melvin was left in her house. A wave of worry came down and crashed its way to her as she left her pushcart to rush out of the convenience store. After successfully getting on a cab, she politely asked the driver to sped up his driving a little to which he gladly obliged. In just a span of minutes, the taxi stopped in front of her yard. She thanked the old man and gave him her payment before proceeding to go inside her house.

As she turned her knob and opened the door, an aromatic smell immediately made its way to brush against her nose which came from the pot placed on her coffee table. Her stomach immediately grumbled as it demanded her to be fed.

"Hey, Mr. Kambe?" She called out but there was no response. Her eyes scanned from left to right to search for her beloved pet chicken but to no avail. 

A defeated sigh slipped out of her, figuring that maybe Melvin was outside the yard. She doesn't really mind if Daisuke already left tho, she will actually be happy if he did. The important thing is that he left her with a well-deserved dinner. 

She bit her lip to contain her excitement, clasping her hands together and rubbing it. Her hands grab ahold on the lid of the pot before she opened it. The dish in front on her was revealed and for some reason, she felt her breathing hitch. She swore she was on the verge of having a heart attack.

"M-MELVIN!" 

Her face started to warm up as she was trying to stop her self from vomiting. Even if the dish looked exquisitely delicious, she just couldn't bare to look at what seems like chicken parts floating around the sauce.

"Ms. (L/N)? Are you alright?" Her attention was caught with Daisuke's calm voice behind her. She immediately turned to look at him, seeing a sleeping Melvin on the man's arm.

"Do you dislike turkey cacciatore? I'm sorry, I should've ordered-" 

"No.. I was just-" She took a deep breath before etching a relieved smile on her lips.

(Y/N) took a step closer towards the ravenette before caressing her pet chicken that was still resting on his arms. She gently took it from him to let it continue its sleeping on her couch.

"-Thank you.."