ā˜‘ ā±Ź³Ź³ā±įµ—įµƒįµ—įµ‰ įµƒ įµā±Ė”Ė”ā±įµ’āæįµƒā±Ź³įµ‰

chapter two

[edited]

"What do you mean someone is declining the payment for the loss?" The ravenette's footsteps were heard as he calmly paced back and forth in one of the MPD's hallways. His fingers were brushing against his coat while fixing the end of it, ignoring the man that was judging him a few steps away.

After the event a few days ago, the millionaire known by the name of Daisuke Kambe compensated for the damages done by the heist/commotion by paying twice the amount of the losses. He thought everyone would be contented with the amount that he have offered to them but it seems like somebody wants to single out of the crowd.

"Well then, offer that individual thrice." He ordered his butler through the latest technology that he now owns. Haru, who was still very displeased with how this man acted, grunted in irritation after hearing the offer made by the man as if his money ruled everyone's favor.

He was still infuriated with how Daisuke interpreted his passion for justice as some kind of a translation for 'pay me a lot of cash'. Now that he knew that the said annoyance will be joining the department, his frustration welled up even more. Currently he has no choice but to listen to the annoying chattering of the stuck-up man.

"Press charges against me, huh? Kindly locate that person, I'll pay them a visit." The brunette breathed in huge comfort after hearing that Daisuke will be leaving the place. If the said man will take his leave, Haru would then be alone in the office room since the others were sent into a meeting as well and he would really love to have some time by his self after the numerous event that passed by.

Daisuke stood from his seat and walked towards the door to continue on his task. As he was about to turn the doorknob, he saw it jiggling and before he could even take a grasp of it, the door was opened in front of him. His sight was immediately replaced with a view of a young woman.

"Are you the owner of this car?" Without even letting the man process her sudden appearing, she instantly pulled out a picture from her phone and shoved it a few inches away from his face.

"May I know the reason behind this sudden outburst?" Huffs of disappointment was what he received from the mysterious woman, her now being irritated with the kind of reply that she got as a response to her question.

"If you are the owner of this vehicle, let me tell you that you almost killed me and broke my laptop at the same time." Haru's ears peered after hearing that statement from the seemingly crazy lady outside their office room door. A flash of memory struck his mind as he recalled someone almost getting hit by Daisuke's driving. He, without any hesitation, walked towards the two and took a look on the condition of the girl.

"Are you alright now? Were you hurt-"

"Ah, you must be that individual who keeps on declining the compensation fees that I'm offering, yes?" She mentally rolled her eyes after witnessing the other man being cut with a sentence by the ravenette as if the other person did not even exist.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you for asking." She gave Haru a quick smile before turning her attention back to Daisuke whom she recently ignored. "And a yes to your question too."

Haru, who felt sorry for the girl after having the scene of them almost hitting her with the car repeatedly playing on his mind, invited her inside the office. Despite this, Daisuke still did not move from where he was currently standing, giving the girl no space for her to pass through. (Y/N) grunted in incredulity as she squeezed her way inside the room beside the man, refusing to be stopped by whoever this prideful looking person is.

Daisuke mentally applauded the young woman's perseverance, his sight following her steps that was going towards the dirty white tinted sofa. He closed the door behind him gently and proceeded to lean against it.

"Would you like some drinks?" Haru politely asked the visitor as he fiddled on the folders on his desk that he was trying to arrange. The petite-figured girl nodded her head eagerly and responded with a "Coffee please, no sugar. Thank you!"

Of course, who doesn't like free stuff?

The brunette beamed at the suggestion and went to the other side of the room where the snack corner is located, leaving the two behind. The (h/c) haired young woman turned to look back on the now silent man standing a few feet away from her, clearing her throat in the process.

"As I was saying, you broke my laptop and here's the catch.. I was working on something in it and because of the behavior that you've displayed, it went out of my grip like a poorly blown bubble." Daisuke's perfectly defined lips were curled into a mocking smile as he tried piecing out what she wants. He took his hands out from the comfort of his pockets before folding it infront of his chest.

"Ah I see... You also wanted me to pay up for the medication of the emotional trauma that you've experienced from the accident. Well, what's your value then? You don't need to play hard to get for me to pay you."

"What?" She was taken aback by his statement, her throat was starting to get hoarse from the inability to sink in what he just said. She felt the filthy hold of disgust slowly slithering inside her because of this stuck-up man in front of her.

She would actually just want to receive an apology and to ask Daisuke to personally talk and reason out to her boss on how the laptop broke because of the accident so that the deadline will be extended. Unfortunately, the ravenette seemed to interpret this as the other way around.

An idea popped suddenly in her mind and she clasped her hand out of nowhere, a loud sound of clapping surprising both of the two. Daisuke eyed at her in confusion as the girl could only laugh awkwardly after realizing what she did.

"You don't want me to press charges against you, right?" Her legs wobbled as she stood up because of the pain that she got from the uncomfortable bench. She cursed on her clumsiness mentally since she wanted to look as some kind of an intimidating mob or something since she wanted to scare him.

Daisuke hummed in approval with her question. After this, the young woman marched her way towards him who was leaning against the defenseless sculptured oak door.

"Well then..." Irises of ice blue stared on a set of (e/c) ones as he waited for her to continue her sentence. She flashed a sarcastic grin and said a group of daring words that will forever leave a mark in his amused mind.

"I want you to give me all the time that I've spent on my documents that were all wasted because of your shitty driving back to me, got it?"