ā˜‘ Ė”įµ’įµ›įµ‰

chapter forty-six

[chapter's ost]

"MELVIN WOULD BE SO PUMPED UP TO SEE THIS MUCH FOOD THAT WE BOUGHT!" 

The brunette gently wrapped a soft fabric around the female's neck, adjusting it to avoid her actually choking with a darn scarf. Her reddened nose scrunched because of how cold the weather was which was evidently making her shiver. Good thing that the boy that she was with right now was showering her with different types of shenanigans just to keep her warm.

"A..AH HEY! Don't move too much!" Haru stammered as he was not able to put the young woman on hold, her making her way towards the nearest food stall and leaving the poor nagging boy with the spare scarf that he was trying to make her wear. 

A whisk of wind whipped past through his freezing cheeks as he did his best to jog and catch up with her. The (h/c) haired girl had already ordered her signature sugar-free frappe the moment the boy entered the cafe while tailing her.

For some reason, the sight of her getting that same flavor that she has been ordering before made him felt uneasy. Although (Y/N) already told him on how the medication failed to disperse the disease lingering in her bloodstream, he still can't accept the fact that the fear he thought he would never experience again sprouted back in him.

Instead of actually being more ready with this reality, he actually felt much worse knowing that she will be taken away from him any day. He loathed his self for thinking about his own feelings... but what can he do about it?

He was just scared of losing her.

"Do you want to have some?" Haru was abruptly snapped back from his dreadful thinking with a voice so serene and enchanting. His amber irises strolled towards the (h/c)-nette who was already placed the large cup a few inches away from his face.

"I.. I- thank you." (Y/N) smiled while observing the male take the cup from her grasp, his lips immediately latching unto the paper straw. The bittersweet cold tea ran down his throat which made him shudder a bit.

The young woman's expression softened when the boy scrunched his nose, his tongue refusing the kind of leaves that were grated and produced into this drink. Her eyes silently gazed on the softness that his features possessed as she unintentionally stared deeply into the swirling golden hue of his orbs.

Haru noticed a burning sensation drilling into his thin skin after realizing that the female infront has laid her sight on him for awhile now. He suddenly became conscious because of this, his cheeks now cowering with the lovely color of pink and red.

"Is there.. Is there something on my face?" 

(Y/N)'s eyes blinked in surprise upon comprehending that she has already been peering at him. The overused clearing of her throat was what she used to cover up the fact that she has been caught staring. There was something that seemed to be unraveling in the depths of the threads of her mind which made her flicker a switch out of nowhere. For some reason, she feels really afraid.

Was she now actually terrified with the idea of departing? 

She felt so despicable just by thinking about it that it made her curse herself. She shouldn't feel like this. Her body and soul were already used to the idea of her suddenly leaving that it wasn't affecting her before, so why did she suddenly get the twinge of daunt?

"(Y/N)?" Haru grew worried after observing the young woman spacing out for a couple of minutes already. The said girl shook her head before choking some fake coughs, now finally able to escape from the suffocating grip of her thoughts.

"H-Hai? I'm here.. I'm here."

The brunette frowned with how she seemed to be really bothered with whatever it is that she was thinking. He slowly grab ahold of her hand before squeezing it tenderly, making the girl breathe out a sigh. It was clear that something was bugging her, her (e/c) irises strained on the slightly grimy floor of the cafe.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Despite the simplicity and directness of this calling, her attention was still managed to be reeled in as she shifted her sight to the smiling male. The warmth that the adorned beam on his lips have was so genuine that it was enough to make the (h/c)-nette feel pleasantly safe. It was amazing.

He was amazing.

"If there's something that's bothering you, you..you can always tell it to me. I will always be here with you."

•••

The big ball of yellow moonlight was now basking proudly in the middle of the sky, its beams darting towards the dimly lighted office room of a certain ravenette. It was a very serene night, with the cricket as the only source of sound around the hectares of land.

Daisuke took this free time as a chance to arrange the folders that he has finished earlier. A workplace would actually be more admirable to slog on if it's presentable. Although he has countless of people to clean this place for him, he still grabbed this opportunity to move and exert some effort on his tendons.

As he was now done filing the data in his own desk, it was now time to check on his beloved employee's table if everything was in order. Timidly, he made his way to her cubicle and skimmed over her belongings where a satisfied light smile etched on his lips after observing that it is actually very organized.

He pushed the office chair deeper under the wooden desk, only to be stopped when something seems to be disrupting the wheels of the seat. He crouched down to check on what it was and there found a 3-inch thick notebook.

The ravenette effortlessly grabbed the stationery to place it on top of the table for her to see the moment she comes back tomorrow. However upon doing so, a piece of paper slipped out of it. Despite his conscience pleading him not to peer over it, curiosity still won the best of him as he scanned on the writings that were neatly plastered on the lines.

His face, in an instant, felt as if bruises were starting to appear on it when his body temperature started to rise up once again. Clouds that were a mixture of despair and awe seemed to conquer his insides shamelessly as he can't help but to grip on the paper, his heart beats dangerously nearing to a 150 per minute.

'a list of things to make Daisuke happy even when I'm gone'