ā˜‘ įµįµ’ įµ—įµ’ įµƒ Ė¢Ė”įµ‰įµ‰įµ–įµ’įµ›įµ‰Ź³

chapter forty-one

"...will.. will you marry me, then?"

(Y/N) tilted her head a bit in an attempt to watch the brunette's lips move along with the words that he have recently spoken. Both of the ends of her lips twitch, her cognition disallowing her from sketching the appropriate emotion to depict on her face for what he just said.

Haru flinched after feeling soft fingers digging into the fragility of his shoulder blades. His amber irises dropped in an instant with the sudden realization that it was her who was inflicting that kind of sensation on his body. The hold that he has resided on her back faltered as he helplessly watched the young woman placed her head on his chest.

Her lips were pursed into a tight line, her ear pressed against his clothes while she listened carefully to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

Fast.

It was as if he was being chased and his lungs were begging for him to stop sprinting. His blood failed to deliver the sufficient oxygen into his brain for it to process properly. All he could do was observe her fixing her composure to stare right back at his eyes.

"Haru, are you.. are you familiar with the generic lines of a wedding vow?"

The said boy tried to eradicate the whir buzzing that he could clearly hear in his head as he snap his self out to focus on her sudden question. Although he wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical one wherein he doesn't need to state his answer, he still insisted on shaking his head.

"Till death do us part..." (Y/N)'s arms freed the brunette's shoulders as her own sentence trailed. The volume of her voice softened with the color of her eyes while she blinked repeatedly.

"We're going to part ways from each other in two months, Haru."

Despite the despair that seeped desperately in each of the letters that she mumbled, she still managed to plaster an apologetic smile on her face which crushed the poor boy's heart. With this, Haru also persuaded him self to grin in hopes to uplift the (h/c)-nette in this very moment.

"I can magically make that into a hundred years!" The young woman was about to react with this seemingly childish and idiotic statement but was halted when she felt her feet being lifted from the ground. It was late for her to realize this fact since Haru has successfully carried her like his bride.

"Hey! Put me down you-" Once again, she was cut off after sensing the male nuzzling his nose on hers. A scowl was now visibly drawn on her embarrassed face while a part of her was a little mesmerized with how he skillfully support her weight with just his arms. 

Haru's grin was replaced with a small shy smile as he gazed down on the female's expression. Her (e/c) orbs twinkled in a rather mesmerizing way under his apartment's cheap fluorescent lighting.