ā˜‘ įµ‡įµ‰ įµā±āæįµˆ įµ‡Ė”įµ’Ź·āæ

chapter thirty

Daisuke grab ahold of the Cuban cigar and lighter that was handed to him by the resort's main desk clerk. He let out a formal thank you towards the adult woman before proceeding to exit the building, the middle-aged lady blinking at the sight of the ravenette on drenched pajamas at 2 AM.

The boy sat on the wooden bench beside a certain (h/c) haired girl who was now currently tapping her feet on the cemented floor. To explain why they were still lurking around in their slightly damp clothes from the swimming pool incident, both actually were dense enough to not have their room keys with them. Now they have to wait for the manager to retrieve the keys so that they could finally change and sleep.

It was not a surprise for the young woman to forget about literally anything that she owns since she does that all the time. Daisuke, on the other hand, was quite shocked with his self as well after discovering that he failed to notice that his keys were no longer in his pockets anymore. He did tried to check back on the pool to which he fell from but to still no avail. 

The wind during the hours after midnight are the harshest ones and it was proven to be true as a handful of dawn air blew past them. It was a bad move that they've decided to wait for the staff to return with their keys on the wooden bench outside the building but (Y/N) thought it would be disrespectful for them to just sit on one of the pristine sofas inside the main lobby and ruin its material with the chlorine seeped in their clothes from the pool water. Afterall, it was their fault for forgetting or losing their keys, not the resort's.

Daisuke shuddered with the violent crashing of the breeze on his porcelain skin, his fingers shaking as he desperately tried to lit up his cigar with the lighter. Although his clothes are now a little dry because of the force of the wind, he was still feeling numb from the chilling air. 

It was a habit of his to smoke, especially if he's freezing in order for him to gain some warmth in his body. The taste of the expensive nicotine gripping in his tongue definitely brings him to a different kind of pleasure.

"Hey, it's almost 3 AM. At least.. give your smoking a break."

(Y/N)'s voice was groggy and hoarse, her eye lids getting heavier every second. Despite how she feels so sleepy, she still tries her best to atleast minimize the inhaling and exhaling of tobacco of the lad beside her. His usage of the cigar was really frequent that it was making her alarmed.

"The.. wind's very cold, Ms. (Y/N). I'm only doing this to keep myself warm, please excuse me." The ravenette mumbled rather meekly, the tip of his thumb brushing against the end of the Vitola. The young woman frowned with his statement before standing up and rubbing both of her hands to create some kind of heat.

As Daisuke was about to inch the unlitted cigar into the flame created by the lighter, he was stopped by sensing his head now resting on something comfortable. His oceanic eyes darted  up to see a set of tired (e/c) ones looking down at him, realizing that his back was now leaning against her body since she was hugging him from behind.

While he was still sitting on the bench, (Y/N) was standing behind him. Her arms were tightly wrapped around his chest, his heartbeat that was palpitating at an inhumane rhythm now being felt by her hand.

(Y/N) bent down a bit to rest her chin on his shoulder as she calmly closed her eyes. She breathed out a relaxed sigh, her warm breath tickling on his cheeks.

Daisuke's brain halted its functions upon noticing the slipping of his hold on his precious cigar, the vitola and lighter now dropped on the ground. With his hands now being free, he found his self gripping on her arm like a child on his mom from the fear of getting lost in the supermarket.

"I hope my body heat gives you warmth, sir. T..This is the least I could do to make you feel comfortable." 

Without the instruction of his mind, the owner of the name placed his other hand on the young woman's cheeks before he tilted his head and leaned it beside hers. Although he was pretty much flustered with the current scenario he was stuck in, he still can't deny the fact that he was very grateful with her effort.

"I.. T..Thank you." 

(Y/N)'s arms that were wrapped around him was a million times more soothing than a nicotine, in fact, her presence alone was more addicting than the said drug. It was very weird for him to comprehend at first, but the coziness of her body against him is something that he would want to experience every single day.

The irritating palpitation of his feeble heart finally calmed down into a more admirable one. He slowly fluttered his eyes closed as he quietly listened to the words that slipped out from her lips once more.

"Please value your health more, Daisuke. It would be painful for your loved ones to see you.. withering in front of them."