☑ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ᵏⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ⁻ⁱⁿ⁻ˢʰⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ⁻ᵃʳᵐᵒʳ

chapter thirty-six

Big orbs of (e/c) snapped open with the soft whirring of the air-conditioner. Her chest heaved up and down, clear pearls of sweat rolling down the smoothness of her temples. Willowy fingers gripped on the velvet duvet along with the periodic ringing that manifested the unarguably spacious room.

(Y/N) noted that it wasn't her own bedroom nor is she inside her house right now. Her head throbbed as she tried to recall the last event that she went through, her arm now propped against the lavish mattress that offers beyond heavenly comforts. She placed her hand on her face to minimize the pain that settled on her the moment she sat up.

"Ms. (Y/N), please refrain from moving too much. You need to lessen your stress levels as requested by the hospital." The owner of the said name flinched from the sudden voice that came out of nowhere. Her eyes darted to the ravenette who was bringing a metallic tray, various fruits and a drink resting about it

"W..Why am I in your mano-"

"I found you unconsciously lying on the floor of your house yesterday so I took you to the nearest place that could give you a proper medical attention. The family doctor said that you've just experienced a side effect from your inability to take your medicines in the prescribed time. You're fine for now, as long as you get a proper rest."

"Ah..I..I see. Thank you so much."

Daisuke gently placed the tray on the drawer before picking the mug of water and handing it towards her, sitting on the extra space in the bed beside her afterwards. The (h/c)-nette's fingers wrapped around the ceramics, the coldness of its material stinging on the pale skin of her lips as she placed the cup against it.

Her sight adjusted from the unfamiliar over-all look of the man a few inches away from her. With his hair not in a slick back style and his body currently free from the seemingly tight tuxedo of his, he looked somehow less of the stuck-up billionaire that she was used to seeing. The creases that formed in the plain white v-neck that he was wearing were disturbed, the cloth brushing against his black joggers as the boy shifted his weight after noticing the evident silence that occupied the area.

"You look very comfortable with the clothes that you're wearing. That's an improvement!" 

His sky blue irises blinked in confusion while the female brushed the stray strands of his hair that was sticking on his unflawed porcelain forehead. He realized that he has been staring at the alluring genuine smile plastered on her face, his throat vibrating as he choke out some fake coughs to snap his own self out. He abruptly stood up and absentmindedly took the empty mug that the girl was about to place on the top of the bedside drawer herself. 

"Take some more rest now.. the sun's about to set. Please consider staying here for the night since your current fragile state does not allow you to travel under the bare evening breeze. I promise to bring you back to the comfort of your home first thing in the morning. In the meantime, do take some sleep. I'll be back here with your dinner."

Daisuke turned away and proceeded to the door to leave the room, only to be halted with a simple hey. He tilted his head to catch the young woman looking at him with an unreadable expression as her lips slowly curled into another batch of her infamous small beams that will never fail to make his heart flutter like a teenage boy.

"Thank you.. for being there always for me, Daisuke. You're basically like a cavalier knight, you know?" She chuckled with her own childish blabbering, a grin successfully conquering her upon seeing the male smiling a bit.

The young woman wasn't wrong though.. He feels as if he was a knight when she's around. It was as if he will always be ready to risk everything for  the sake of the one that rules over him; for the sake of his princess, (Y/N).

"Oh I- M..May I ask if Haru was informed about.. about me? We.. were supposed to have dinner together yesterday."

Daisuke slowly turned the knob of the door as he silently listened to the futile beats that his heart was fairly emitting. As much as he wanted to gaze back at her and check on the worried reaction written all over her, he just does not have the enough courage to sink in the fact that the caring expression plastered on her wasn't for him.

"Kato-san already knew about your current whereabouts. I insisted that he should just stay at your house to have someone to take good care of Melvin while you're here." He heard a relieved sigh followed by a sweet thank you from the young woman. His head simply bobbed as a response to this, him completely exiting the guest room in a swift movement afterwards.

The ravenette's thumb fidgeted on the tray that he was holding on, his lips pursed into a thin blank line. His sight was strained on the empty cup in which a single drop of water was desperately clinging on the corner end of the mug. 

Even if (Y/N) sees him as her knight, he knew too well that he will never be her prince.