ā˜‘ įµˆįµ’ įµƒ įµ–įµƒŹ³įµįµ’įµ˜Ź³

chapter seventeen

(Y/N) raised her hands midway into the air before shaping her fingers into a figure of a square. She inched it closer towards her before looking through it like it was a camera screen. Her eyes navigated throughout the vastness of the land around the Kambe's manor.

She swayed her feet that was currently hanging as she sat on one of the windows of the mansion. A relaxing mist in the wind latched on her nose while she continued to gaze through her imaginary camera.

The young woman stuck her tongue out a little and shut one of her eyes like some frustrated wedding photographer. She sighed in complete boredom before shifting her sight towards the ground a few feet below her.

Her lips were curled into a grin as a kind of idiotic idea popper in her mind. She remembered a certain scene from a series that she saw and would like to try it out her self. Since she's pretty much bored and dopey, she hopped out of the window without any hesitation.

"Parkour!"

For some very odd reason, the world must be very pleased with her today since she landed nicely on the dirt. She hollered in great triumph, raising her arms and flexing her non-existent defined muscles.

Just as she was about to return inside the mansion and pack her things up, a tormenting pain sprouted in her upper legs. The reaction from her jumping seemed to have arrived late since she just felt her calves screaming for her to sit down.

She cussed mentally before plopping herself on the ground, not minding the soft soil touching her jeans. Her fingers were against the terminal points of the soreness as she tried massaging it to ease the aching. 

(Y/N) scratched her head with her free hand, grunting warily. A huff vibrated out of her throat while she focused on her rubbing her shin. She noticed someone standing in front of her as the setting sun's rays were now unable to reach her.

Bright set of (e/c) orbs met a pair of ice-blue ones as she looked up, seeing Daisuke handing her her bag. She beamed at the sight of the man gazing at her before she giddily took her belongings in full gratitude.

"Why.. did you do that?" The ravenette tried to keep his voice in monotone to calm his self, however,  him remembering how the girl just suddenly jumped out of his office window even if he was right there behind her was definitely not helping him do so.

"I don't know. Bored, I guess?" 

The boy sighed in great disbelief as he can't help but to question his self how her mind works sometimes. He extended his arm for her to use as an assistance in standing up. The (h/c) haired girl, without hesitation, clasped her hands on his' since she's still not willing to carry her own weight. A satisfied huff blew out of her lips as she can now finally stand up, her legs a little wobbly from the muscle tension that it just suffered from.

Daisuke placed his hand on the small of her back to support her while she started walking. After noticing the boy's keenness to help her, she immediately took advantage of it as she limped her body and made him do most of the work of her walking. 

Of course, who doesn't like free labor and assistance?

"Come on! Push, my servant!" She playfully roared, pointing to the direction onward. The male ignored her childish remarks and continued to support her in order for her to walk properly.

•••

After a few minutes of having someone from the mansion to medically inspect on the strain on her muscles, the young woman is finally able to walk in the best condition possible. Now that it was finally 7 pm, she can at last head home.

From time to time, she crouches down to pick a pebble that she finds alluring. Since the moon is silently pooling all over the yards of the Kambe's, everything looks really serene. Daisuke patiently waits for her to collect whatever it is that she gathers. He made sure that he could see what she's doing to avoid any similar event like what happened earlier to occur again. 

"You know, walking from your manor towards the parking area is a complete torture." She muttered hastily while looking over the trees a few steps away from them which surrounded the land that his family owns. Her body shuddered with the hustling of its branches since it was starting to get cold. The ravenette just mentally shrugged her comment as his eyes wandered towards where his car was parked.

(Y/N) started throwing her pebbles towards the darkness that was engulfing the areas that the trees cover. She cheered for her self every time the rocks submerges in a random bush or a hole in a tree.

Daisuke could only watch in entertainment while seeing the young woman get excited in the littlest of things. Just as he was about to remind her that he still has to get her home before 7:30 pm so that Melvin will not attack him, a loud grunt was heard from inside the forest.

The (h/c) haired woman stepped back as two young adults, somewhere around their 20s, emerged from one of the bushes that she was trying to hit. The man was holding his head while the woman had a furious expression written all over her face. Both approached the clueless (Y/N) and Daisuke aggressively before the female started to angrily scream at them.

"You! Why the hell were you throwing pebbles everywhere! You hit my boyfriend on the head, you bimbo!" (Y/N) blinked her eyes in confusion, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Why were you in the.. uh.. bush.. in the middle of nowhere though?"

"That's none of your business! Do you know how much it would cost to get some medical help for this?" The woman growled while pointing towards her partner who was still holding his head. As she was about to spat again, her phone vibrated. She clicked her tongue in irritation before checking what it was. Her eyes widened in surprise as she showed the notification to her companion.

"I hope that's a reasonable amount. Please take him to a good hospital." Daisuke finally spoke, fixing his coat in the process as the wind started to get even colder.

"Y..Yes, sir! We're.. we're sorry for disturbing!" The woman faced towards (Y/N) before bowing for apology.

"We.. We are very very sorry! You..You can hit him twice if you want!" 

•••

The young woman looked outside the car window, gazing over the moon that seems to follow the vehicle's movement wherever they go. She widely smiled with her silly imagination as she looked back at the road ahead of her, the light from the ravenette's car scattering on it.

She patted her lap in sync with the rhythm that was playing in her mind. The scenario that happened a few minutes ago where a random couple approached them suddenly popped up in her thoughts. Her sight lingered around before it landed on the boy beside her who was still busy driving. 

"People really will do everything for a silly wad of cash."

Daisuke glanced over at the female before straining his eyes back on the road. He pursed his lips as he tried to process why she suddenly blurted that out of nowhere.

"Why? Have you ever done something despicable because of money?" He asked as a response to her statement.

"Well, yeah..." The ravenette took another look at the girl, catching her sternly focusing her sight on him. A playful and teasing grin went its way freely to adorn her mundane untouched face as she released the continuation of her sentence.

"...when I started working for you."