ā˜‘ Ė¢Ź°įµƒŹ³įµ‰ įµƒ įµˆįµ‰įµ‰įµ– Ė¢įµ‰į¶œŹ³įµ‰įµ—

chapter twenty four

The mild wind given by the eco air conditioner welcomed the pair's faces, some of their hair strands swaying on their forehead. (Y/N) took a long inhalation of the fresh pine tree scent of the freshener as she skipped her way towards the cashier, Haru tailing behind her. She fidgeted with her fingers excitedly, scanning of her sight on the menu. 

"Do you have a sugar-free bagel?" The personnel working behind the cashier desk nodded politely at the young lady, making her smile in satisfaction.

Haru silently observed the (h/c) haired girl handing the employee a bill as he found his self deep in thought. He never brought it up until now but he did notice that her choice of food would never involve any glucose substance in it. Never did he saw her order something without saying the word sugar-free before the name of the food.

It might be because she was health conscious or something; but the fact that she's gluttonous debunks this idea. This girl eats almost everything may it be edible or not. He even caught her munching on a bouquet of freshly picked daisies.

 But why not sugar though?

"Hey, you sure you don't want anything?" The brunette snapped out from his thinking to witness (Y/N) waving her hands on his face. She had this breathtaking beam adorning her lips once again, making the poor lovestruck boy clear his throat and shift his sight everywhere but her.

"Y..Yes, I'm.. I'm full."

•••

Haru tensed up while helplessly watching the lunatic lady shout at the random students who were currently exiting the school premises from the rooftop, making them look up to check on who was doing it. 

(Y/N) snickered at their confused reactions while she crouched down and hid behind the rooftop railing. Her sight shifted beside her only to catch an undeniably mesmerizing amber irises staring at her in disbelief. She playfully pursed her lips before scooting closer to the silent boy.

"If someone reports that some two unsupervised adults trespassed a high school campus, it'll be the end of our careers." The young woman raised her eyebrow questioningly with the male's frantic statement. She wrapped her arms around her legs and brought it closer towards her chest.

"You're a police guy. You can work things out, right?"

"No! Wha- What kind of statement is that!" 

(Y/N) laughed at his berserk expression with the nonsense that she spatted. Her hold around her legs were released, an amused grin making its way to be sewn in her lips. She leaned towards the boy as she inched her face closer towards his', their noses almost on the verge of touching each other.

"Then why are you still here with me? You could've said no earlier, couldn't you?" Her nose were scrunched childishly while she released some snorts of teasing after seeing the boy's whole being covered in the sweet hues of red.

Haru bashfully faced away from her as he cleared his throat to calm his self. He mentally cursed after witnessing his own self getting embarrassed over something so little.

"T-That's none of your concern." 

The (h/c) haired girl ignored the cracking of his voice as he shifted the weight of her body to stand up before propping her arm on the railings. Her (e/c) orbs scanned around the now silent area of the school which then landed on the setting sun.

The brunette followed her movement as he, too, stood up beside her. However, instead of looking at the magnificent clouds painted in the orange sky, his eyes were strained on the calmness lingering on the enchanting features that her face holds.

"May I.. May I ask you something?" Haru's sudden question immediately caught her attention as she tilted her head towards him, signing him to continue.

"Does life never bother you? Why.. Why do you seem so carefree?"

After hearing the question, (Y/N) couldn't help herself but to smile at the randomness of the topic that the boy brought up out of nowhere. She rubbed her hands together to reduce the coldness of the evening wind which suddenly caressed the exposed skin on her neck. 

"I don't know.. I mean, life is a b-tch..." She paused for a second to look back at the silent boy who was patiently waiting for the continuation of her sentence. 

"..but I'm a pimp!" 

(Y/N) cheerfully hollered before hopping a step back from the rooftop railings and flinging her arms in the air childishly. Haru lightly chuckled at her action before twisting his heels towards her direction.

For a very unfortunate reason, droplets of water suddenly touched the grounds of the earth. Instead of running to find a shade, the girl stayed on her location as she shuddered with the freezing touch of the rain. A sigh of relief slipped out from the grasp of her lips, enjoying the feeling of harmony around her.

"Come on, Haru! Join me with my happy dance!"

Her body bounced up and down as she extended her arms towards the boy. He processed the event for awhile, giving up on her request afterwards. He slowly placed his hand against her, the softness of her palm immediately being felt by his skin. 

She started to prance around in circles without taking her hold off of Haru. The male occasionally stumbled on his steps as tried his best to catch up with her.

(Y/N)'s eyes gazed on the brunette's struggling expression as a feeling of entertainment conquered her insides. The rain started to pour down even harder, minimizing the volume of both of their youthful laughs.

Because of the cemented ground now drenched with water, Haru almost slipped accidentally. Fortunately, (Y/N) was able to pull his body towards her in a quick pace out of reflex. The brunette tensed up after noticing their faces just an inch away from each other. 

"I-I'm sorry-" He wasn't able to finish his sentence as he felt a sudden warmth on his shoulder, later realizing that it was the girl resting her forehead on it. 

Haru is too pure; too precious for her. Everytime she's around him, all scenarios become light and perfect. (Y/N) bit the inside of her cheek in pure guilt, her fingers gripping on the side of his coat. He's infatuated with her the same way she adores him but she knows too well that she's being unfair to him.

"Hey, Haru.. do you.. do you want to know why I'm so carefree?" The owner of the said name stayed silent, his stomach still so busy grinding in pure bashfulness because of the physical contact he has been receiving from her. He wanted to talk back but the lump on his throat was stopping him from doing so.

(Y/N) stood on her toes to level her lips against his ear, the words slipping out from it literally taking the fragile boy's breath away..

..in the worst way possible.

"I have less than a year to live."