☑ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵃ ᵐᵒᵛⁱᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒˢˢ

chapter twenty-eight

"You know, usually when a woman likes you, they will lean back towards you if you inch your face closer towards them."

"Or.. maybe you're just good looking or rich... or both!"

The group of tipsy middle-aged men hollered with their chattering like some adolescent high school boys hanging out after class. The television played on the background while some of the guests from other respectable companies cheered for their preferred teams in the national basketball association since most of the females were still busy enjoying the socialization ball in the lobby.

Daisuke watched the sport on the screen as he patiently waited for someone to finish their session in the comfort room. Although, the gameplay was very exciting, he still can't deny that his ears were perked towards the drunk rich males on the resort's bar. Their topic were very childish but it was somehow interesting for him.

"Sorry for the long wait, their comfort rooms -" 

The young woman wasn't able to finish her sentence when her sight was caught on the show being played on the television. 

"You a Lakers fan?" She smiled upon seeing the boy's confused reaction towards her question. A chuckle slipped past her as she waved her hand to shrug the words that she has said. Her fingers clutched on her silver tinted dress since it was starting to embrace irritatingly around her body once again.

"Hey, I have a downloaded movie in my flashdrive. We can watch it in my room! I was able to sneak out a bag of treats from the resort's service room earlier since the staffs were really busy." (Y/N) whispered the last part to him enthusiastically, an excited grin now adorning her mundane figured face.

Daisuke's insides churned in embarrassment with her invitation, a curse flying out mentally of his mind for feeling this awkward over a silly thing. He desperately attempted to fix his composure before tilting his head into a quick nod.

"That.. doesn't sound bad."

•••

The young woman placed a couple of tissue rolls on the center table, making the male look at her inquiringly. She plopped herself on the sofa first before playing the movie.

"I thought you said you already watched this movie before.. why do you need this much tissue?" Her (e/c) irises shifted to the ravenette sitting beside her, her lips now pursing into a thin line as she dug around her messy brain to look for a response to his single question.

"I mean, I already knew that the ending would make me bawl my eyes out so I had to be prepared! Plus, as a bonus, tissues actually taste quite sweet if you chew on it. You can have some if you want!" She giddily offered, shoving herself deeper into the incredibly soft cushions of the seat. 

Daisuke was about to ask another batch of benighted words but decided to halt since the lady seemed to be now reeled into the video playing on the screen that was mounted on the wall. He pleaded his self to relax this time as he, too, rested his back on the calming fabric of the velvet couch.

The movie was entitled 'The Green Mile'. It shows a prison guard meeting a falsely accused inmate. The prisoner had some special gift within him which drastically changed the protagonist's view on life; a tear-jerking journey that will slowly drill into the weak palpitating heart of its viewers. Yes, please excuse the seemingly random movie critique brought to you by the very melodramatic sleep-deprived author since she really likes to leave casual cutaways.

The film was now almost on the end part and not one of them has mutter a single word out. While the female was so invested in the different emotions that bubbled because of the conversation of the main characters, Daisuke was busy sightseeing on the spontaneous reactions that were spayed on her face.

He stayed silent. It was odd for him to see her this vulnerable and fragile over a movie that she might've watched for a dozen of times already. Her usual jolly beam was nowhere near compared to the expression that was written on her as she tried so hard to stifle in a sob. 

It may be overreacting for others to see a woman in her 20s cry because of an old film but he didn't mind. Shedding emotions is a very normal and healthy thing. What he just could not grip his fingers on is why he finds it so hard to showcase his true perspective towards this ideal girl of his that was currently sitting beside him.

His mind wandered off to another venture, him flashbacking to the little conversation that those adult males chattered a few hours ago. Maybe the reason why he can never find it in him to display his adoration was because he was afraid that his feelings won't be redeemed back. Kinda petty if you think about it yet no one can blame him though; this brand new sensation is very foreign to him.

Daisuke's little strolling around his brain was cut short as he noticed the TV now blacked out. His oceanic irises slid from the screen towards the (h/c) haired girl now curled up into a seemingly comfortable ball on the couch. 

His eyes softened on the sight that covered his vision, a relaxed smile climbing up triumphantly on his lips after observing that she was already sleeping. He must have spaced out that long that he was never aware that this girl already dozed off.

(Y/N) looked very peaceful despite the puffy bags hanging beneath her closed eyes. Even if she was still in her satin dress, she still managed to drowse... she must be that tired. The ravenette felt a pang of guilt with the realization that this business trip of his must be giving her a lot of stress factors. He placed both of his hands on his knees to support his self in standing up, deciding to look for a certain item around the room.

It was a good thing that the furniture here were arranged the same way with his own room in this resort. Because of this, it was easy for him to locate the complimentary thin yet cozy blankets. He swiftly grabbed it from the cabinet and went back to the napping figure of the (h/c) haired young woman.

Gently, he covered her fragile body with the cotton to reduce the coldness that now engulfed the place since it was almost past midnight. He found his self carefully plopping on the carpeted floor as he quietly watched the tranquil state that the lady in front of him was in.

He tilted his head to the side, the end of his lips curling into a small satisfied smile. Slowly, he inched his self closer towards her serene face before delicately placing a peck on her forehead. His fingers were resting against her warm cheek as he caressed it ever so gingerly.

It was then he realized; whether she will return his feelings or not, he will always be contented and happy as long as he continues to see her this blissful with her life.