☑ ᵇᵉ ᵏⁱˢˢᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵃ ᵈᵉᵃʳˡʸ ᵇᵉˡᵒᵛᵉᵈ

chapter thirty-four

A set of amber orbs slowly fluttered open as a huge amount of light circled around the brunette's eyes. His sight adjusted with the sun's beam, his arm now raised in an attempt to stop the rays from peppering his face annoyingly.

He felt a thin cloth brushing on his neck which persuaded him to check on what it was. It revealed to be a couch blanket that was covering half of his body. He does not have a clue on how it went there since the last memory that he could recall was him slowly being pulled into the arms of slumber while waiting for a certain (h/c)-nette to open the door.

A small grin triumphantly designed his face as the idea of the young woman he adored so much actually showing care for him entered his mind. He silently spilled some chuckles upon shifting his sight up, his insides immediately jolting after noticing two beady eyes staring down at him.

"M..Melvin! Good.. Good Morning?" The chicken just tilted its head as it continued to look at him quietly. He was about to pat its head but it simply squawked and immediately slipped into the doggy door made specially just for it.

Haru sighed in disbelief while standing up, dusting his self to make his clothes more comfortable. Tingling feeling of skin-deep pain was lurking in his back because of the uncomfortability presented by the wooden porch he just slept on yet he didn't mind. He puffed out a nervous sigh and placed a knock on the door.

He tried to listen for any kind of shuffling movements inside the house but all he could hear was the violent tapping of Melvin's chicken feet while probably running in circles on the living room. His eyes landed on his watch strapped around his wrist, the hour hand pointing vigorously on the number 8. The boy frowned in disappointment after realizing that the sweet young lady might've already went to the local grocery shop since as far as he can remember, it is usually during this time that he finds her fishing for discounted melons in the supermarket.

(Y/N), on the other hand, slightly popped her head out while gently gripping on the outside wall of her beloved home. Her sight was strained on the downcast expression written all over the male's face as he jiggled on her doorknob. She wanted to tell him that she was there yet something within her was telling her not to. It was very frustrating, truth be told.. but then again, it was the best option so far. 

Her heels turned around upon deciding that she'll retreat back to her small garden in the backyard. However, much to her bad luck, her feet got tangled with the hose which resulted for her to crash her self on some of the clay pots that were adorning the side of her house.

The loud sound of breaking immediately snatched Haru's attention as he now found his self frantically looking for its source, his heart palpitating in complete worry without even knowing what happened. 

"(Y/N)! Are you alright?!"

The young woman shoved her face deeper into the dirt, her fingers now shoved into the damp soil while she frustratingly gripped on it. A scream was mentally whirring inside her mind after remembering that stealth was never by her side.

Curse her clumsy self for actually thinking that she could be like Sonic the Hedgehog.

 •••

Haru pursed his lips into a thin line, his amber irises scanning on the cemented pavement in the middle of the young woman's yard which connects to the sidewalk. He was now currently sitting on one of the stairs of her front porch with the (h/c) haired girl sitting beside him. His knees involuntarily wobbled as he desperately tried to calm his self down; it will always be amusing for him how this certain lady can make him feel so weak yet confident at the same time. 

"What's.. What's so hard to understand?" His eyes blinked after hearing these words from her, his head turning to the side. The folds that were once evident on his signature beige coat were disrupted as he unconsciously tugged the end of it. He remained silent, the busy roads of Japan as the only thing that can be heard at this very moment.

(Y/N) fidgeted with her thumb because of the unnerving aura that this event was giving off. She wanted this to be done already; she wanted to so bad.

"I just.. don't want you to get attached with me. I don't want you to get hurt, Haru." 

The brunette felt his body moving without the aid of his mind as he now found his self facing directly towards her. He leaned closer without hesitation, his hand softly grabbing hers before he placed it against his chest.

"(Y/N), do you.. do you actually think that what you're doing is not hurting me? I-I can't even barely sleep because I kept on worrying about you." 

She frowned with the warmth that the thin skin of her fingers received from him. Her eyes were fluttered close while she tried to listen with the rhythm of his heartbeat that was magically being felt by her own veins... it was hurting her so bad.

"6 months. That's all the time I have left.. I can.. I can never give you the happy ending that you wished for in that span. I don't want to be a burden to you. I want you to be happy, Haru." 

Her cheeks started to heat up only this time, it wasn't because of some stupid puppy love... it was all about pain. Something in her throat felt like it was clawing to desperately get out of it as it became hoarse, her teeth now biting on the inside of her cheek.

"S-Six months, r-right?" (Y/N)'s eyes opened, her sight landing on the boy that was now in front of her in a split second without disrupting her hand that was still resting on his chest. The brunette's other free hand gently cupped her cheek which was currently being drenched with the pesky salty liquid flowing down on it that she was too occupied to notice.

"(Y/N).. Please.. please allow me to spend every last minute with you. That's, that's the best happy ending for me." 

Haru, without a word, drew dangerously near towards her. His breath tickled on her frail ample skin, the tip of his nose brushing on hers. It took less than a minute for the young woman to realize a warm feeling conquering her face as something incredibly soft was perfectly placed against her lips.

(Y/N)'s orbs of (e/c) twinkled along with her eyelids getting heavier. The boy's kiss was heavenly as if his lips were made from the fine threads of the blue sky. His fingers that settled on her cheek started to caress on it, the feeling of her hand that was still on his chest calming him in the strangest yet greatest way possible.

This was his best definition of cloud nine.

•••

A certain ravenette shoved his self deeper into the seat of his car as he leaned his head on it. He fished for a pen from his pocket, his alluring oceanic irises strained on the beige paper that he valued ever so deeply.

His sight raised back to the pair that he was observing a couple of yards away, something about it was making his breathing ragged. Even if he tried to convince his self that he was just going to get a cold, he still can't stop the hollow feeling that was drilling in the pit of his stomach.

Daisuke was disappointed with his self for feeling that way. He was supposed to be happy since (Y/N) was happy..

..she looked very radiant with Haru.

Despite the shaking of his fingers that were around his precious pen, he still managed to check the box beside one of the wishes that were scribbled on the stationery.

 ☑ be kissed by a dearly beloved