ā˜‘ įµįµƒįµįµ‰ įµƒāæ įµ’Ź·āæ Ź³įµ‰į¶œā±įµ–įµ‰

chapter nineteen

The hour hand just went past 3 in the afternoon and (Y/N) has never been this antsy. She wasn't able to eat a sufficient amount of food during lunch time since a new case report to write was tasked to her by the ravenette.

She gritted her teeth in anticipation while glancing over at Daisuke who was busy reading whatever it was is currently popped up in his laptop screen. Her nose were scrunched due to the too much boredom and hunger she was feeling. Since she was already done with the assigned document, she has nothing to do but to watch the male blink every ten seconds.

Eyes of bright hues of (e/c) were turned into slits as she stuck her tongue out and bit on it. She slowly placed both of her palms on the floor followed by her knees. Her sight went back to the male to see if he saw her doing what she was planning.

A proud grin climbed over her face as she started crawling towards the door on all fours, avoiding to get caught by the man. A wicked laughter played on her mind after successfully getting out of the office room without getting noticed before she stood up and sprinted her way to the manor's kitchen.

Daisuke sighed in great disbelief. He ran his fingers over his slicked back hair to fix it, pursing his lips in the process. He just witnessed how the young woman mindlessly crawled out of the place like some decapitated cockroach but for some reason, he did not ask her what it is that she was trying to do. He has no idea on why she would think that he wouldn't be able to see her when her desk is literally place just a few steps away from his.

(Y/N), on the other hand, inched her head inside the humongous kitchen of the Kambe's. Although it was very enormous, she hated it. This is due to the fact that it would take her more steps to reach the refrigerator from the doorway compared to normal sized dining rooms. After scanning around the inner area, she cheered in triumph after making sure that no one was inside. 

See, this is the disadvantage of having a very huge house; even if the owner will hire hundreds of servants, they still wouldn't be able to cover the whole area at the same time.. and because of this, hungry mutant moles like (Y/N) will be given an opportunity to sneak in and steal the food hidden inside.

A satisfied growl emerged from her stomach as she wrapped her fingers on the first item that she was able to touch inside the fridge. Once she closed the refrigerator door, her sight was surprised by an unfazed ravenette leaning on the wall. 

"What are you doing?" The young woman blinked her eyes while processing his sudden appearance in the kitchen. She glimpsed over the bottle on her hand before looking back at the boy.

"I'm making you a coffee, of course." She straightforwardly responded, smiling formally afterwards. Daisuke cocked his eyebrow inquiringly before slipping his hand inside his pocket to fix his composure.

"You're making a coffee.. with soy sauce?" 

(Y/N) stared back at the condiment that she was holding. She swore that she heard an engine sound whirring from her mind while realizing the stupidity of her lie. Nevertheless, she still cleared her throat and confidently stood by on her poor choice of words.

"Yes. It's my own recipe."

•••

Haru clasped his hands and rubbed it together to generate heat. He mentally chanted out the words of greeting that he'll be saying to the owner of the house once she opens the door right after he knocks.

Satisfied with his imaginary practicing, he finally placed a knock on a certain (h/c) haired girl's door. He tapped his fingers on the side of his coat to reduce the bashfulness that was conquering the best of him in this very moment.

After a couple of minutes, he still wasn't able to get the desired response that he was aiming for. All that he was bale to receive was a couple of angry squawking from Melvin on the other side of the door everytime he knocked.

Knowing the young woman for a long time now, he predicted that maybe she was currently in her backyard. He used the way beside her house in order to be able to enter her lawn and to his luck, she was there like how he foresaw it.

Haru cautiously took steps towards the female who was crouching down and has her back facing towards him. He awkwardly cleared his throat before squatting down beside her as well. 

His breath hitched after witnessing a set of resplendent (e/c) orbs turning to look at him. As if expecting his arrival, (Y/N) smiled at him, her porcelain teeth adorning the beguiling features of her soft face which knocked the poor brunette out of his senses.

"Sup, Haru! What brought you here?" She asked in a friendly manner before turning her sight back to her shoveling on the ground with a gardening trowel. The owner of the said name cursed his self after literally forgetting the response to her question, a shy laughter croaking out of his throat out of nowhere. Luckily, (Y/N) seemed to not mind his timid reactions as she continued with her toiling of the soil. The male, once again, cleared his throat and observed what she was doing.

"That's.. That's some lovely tulips and carnations you got there." He mentally applauded his self for completing a sentence without stuttering. The (h/c) haired girl shifted her gaze towards the brunette with a grateful twinkle shining in her eyes.

"Thank you." 

There was another string of silence that buzzed between the two as she went back to her toiling. Fortunately, the young woman decided to speak, cutting the quiet line bordering them from each other.

"You know.. my interest for growing tulips and carnations started when you gave me a basket of it. They are so pleasing and lovely, I couldn't thank you enough."

The words that were supposed to slip out of Haru's throat as a response to her statement was paused after getting to sink in each and every word.

His theory on the girl never receiving the flowers that he sent to her was heightened, even more than when the time his co-worker told him that the guy that he asked to deliver the basket to (Y/N) was rumored to be a scammer... He now knows that the flowers she received was not from him because..

..he sent her sunflowers.