(4) detention

Jin sits down in front of me at the lunch table and slaps the back of his hand on Yoongi's chest, looking displeased.

"You can't keep getting detention. I know you have your whole bad boy persona but-" Yoongi deadpans to the boy next to him.

"Jin, you're acting like my mother."

"He is momma Jin, remember? Always looking out for our group." Taehyung chimes in with a mouth full of pizza. "But he just wants what's best for us and he's right, you can't keep landing yourself in detention."

I almost feel guilty that I dragged him down with me.

Almost

Namjoon stashes his math homework away in a binder."Why do you even have detention this time?"

Yoongi props his eblow up on the table and leans his head on his fist while looking directly at me. The rest of the boys collectively follow his gaze.

My eyes widen at their eyes on me and I cross my arms, furrowing my brow.

"Don't give me that look, it's his fault anyways." I bite my apple harshly.

"You mean to tell me you both have detention?" Namjoon sighs.

I purse my lips and look up at him with big eyes.

"He started it. He shoved me so hard that I fell off my lab stool! I don't know why he'd do that to me when I was being so nice, reminding him to wear his gloves right before it happened." I bat my lashes and give them all my most innocent expression.

They immediately fall for it and the interrogation was back on Yoongi. He crosses his arms and snickers swear words under his breath.

I smirk like the sly bitch I am.

Jungkook gasps lowly and puts a hand on my shoulder. "But Yoongi hyung, Y/n is so sweet... why would you do that to her?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes when I give Jungkook a pouty face while whispering that "it was scary".

"Your princess over there actually elbowed me which prompted my light shove. She's no angel." Yoongi raises an eyebrow at me.

I huff, leaning away from Jungkook.

We stare at eachother like dogs about to bite eachothers neck's off until Jin holds a hand up, pausing us.

"After today's detention, I better not hear about any more of it. This better be the first and last detention for the both of you this year." Jin furrows his brow, scolding us on sight.

"She's in our friend group now, she's a part of Bangtan," Hoseok smiles warmly to me, "so both of you please, try to get along." The boys collectively nod their heads, agreeing.

"We are called Bangtan for a reason- we're bulletproof.... we're from Bulletproof High! Nothing comes between us and everyone here knows that! We're the closest group of friends and people would kill to be in our group. Y/n may be new to our group but she's definitely one of us... I just feel it, y'know?" Jimin says with excitement, which warms my heart.

"Yep! Noona isn't going anywhere!" Jungkook announces, quickly blushing after realizing what he had called me and I do the same but just giggle and ruffle his hair.

Finally, a group of friends who care about me... well- minus that one asshat

Jimin giggles and looks at us with his adorable eye smile."So... Y/n does dare to mess with Yoongi hyung, huh? Guess Bangtan has aquired the bad boy and bad girl."

"I just don't put up with him. I'm not scared like the other boys and girls." I announce as a matter of fact.

Yoongi raises a brow at that.

"Looks like I'll have to deal with you being a bad girl then, hm?" He leans forward on the lunch table towards me slightly.

I feel myself blush for some odd reason even though he was currently giving me a very intimidating look.

"Stay quiet, stay seated, and be respectful. You're here because you already got in trouble so don't make it worse please." The young substitute tells us, shutting the door and sitting back down at the teacher's desk.

Yoongi's head was already down on his folded arms for a nap when I had walked in.

I'm not tired so I guess I'll catch up on some homework

About two hours had passed but we still had an hour and a half left. The substitute's phone rings and upon picking up he shoots up from his seat.

"Hunny, if you're sick I will come get you! You can't walk home like that!" He tells the person whining on the other end.

He talks a bit more while grabbing his coat, then ending the call and picking up his bag.

"My fiance is really sick today but usually walks home from work so I have to go get her. I... trust that you guys will finish your time here? Can you do that and not make any trouble?" He doesn't seem too sure in our abilities.

"Of course! We'll stay here and finish! No need to worry." I reassure with a smile that was totally fake. I watch him exit and I slump back into my seat.

I tap Yoongi's shoulder a few times to wake him once the substitute had left for sure. He mumbles a couple incoherent words before raising his head and swatting me away.

"The sub is gone, had to leave for some personal matter. Let's go." I explain, dusting my uniform off and slinging my bookbag over my shoulder. He just mutters 'cool' and does the same as me, following behind me to the door.

Before I can walk out he turns my shoulder and closes in on me, my back up against the wall and eyes wide. His hands rest beside my head on either side, blocking my way of escape.

"Babygirl, you better not get me detention again." He stares me down.

My heart rate goes crazy as I stand there, trying to compose myself. I tilt my head up and look him in the eye.

"Min Yoongi, you don't intimidate me, it was your fault anyways that we're here."

He cocks his head and leans in closer to whisper in my ear, my face on fire for some reason and I feel almost... nervous?

"Next time I'll be the one to give you the punishment." He smirks and pulls away, leaving the class.

I stand for a moment shook as hell but snap out of it and catch up to him. I don't look at him as we walk, still shocked at what he had said.

This dude be like... flirting or some shit!

We walk silently to not get caught by any teachers who might report us for leaving detention early and once we get down on the main floor we head to the main exit.

Free at last!

Not paying attention, I accidentally trip on the mat at the door, falling into the heavy door hard with an oof. Yoongi just stares blankly to me and sighs.

"I didn't even trip you and yet you still fell for me, hm?" He smirks.

"I just get this sense that you have a big ego, y'know?" I glare at him, fixing my uniform and rubbing my wrist.

"And what if I do?"

I scoff at the question and look up to his tall height, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Min Yoongi, I may have fallen twice now but I will never fall for you."