(10) soft side

A/N
The way i'm editing this rn on April 13th 2021 almost more than a year after publishing this and- why did i not talk to yall or leave author notes like how boring LMAO
__________________________

Sitting in first period, I jot down some notes and try to pretend I'm not distracted.

I'm already embarrassed from crying in class yesterday but more importantly I couldn't help but think about Yoongi. I glance over at him, head in his arms asleep. We didn't talk much after that cry fest yesterday.

It seemed that we had both felt weird after that hug and from both of us being so honest towards one another for the first time.

I look at him a little longer, getting deeper in thought. I rest my head on my hand and make random doodles on my notes, not paying attention anymore.

(A/N does anyone else just disassociate all the time or is that just my mental illness speaking😩)

Yoongi had seen me break down and admit that he was right, something I'd never do. He hugged me though, he told me it was okay and he even gave me his hoodie. I wish I could've kept wearing it, the scent of his cologne made me calm and happy for some odd reason.

👀

Y/n- what are you thinking?!

Maybe I hit my head when I fell, why am I thinking like this?

Just because he was nice once doesn't mean he isn't still that jerk that was bitchy to me all those times before.

"Like what you see? Take a photo, it'll last longer princess."

My eyes widen as I hear Yoongi talk to me. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize I was still staring at him when he had woken up.

I straighten up and feel my heartbeat pick up as I meet his eyes.

Are you nervous?

I cross my arms and frown. "You do look good when your eyes are closed but you look the best when my own eyes are."

"Ouch. Too bad you still said I looked good." He smirks.

I scoff and roll my eyes, trying to come up with a better comeback to save myself. I open my mouth but don't know what to say.

Why am I suddenly so nervous around him?

Snap out of it dumbass-

"What... cat got your tongue? You're blushing." He smirks again.

"Am not, I- it's just warm in here." I defend myself, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

I start packing up to be able to escape as soon as the bell rings.

I jam my notebook into my bag but freeze upon hearing Yoongi whisper "cute" under his breath. I must be sick or something to be hearing things now. Yeah...that'd make sense as to why my face is so warm and why my heart rate picked up.

Mrs. Kim had taught a new lesson today that I didn't understand at all. Lucky for me I have a math genius as a friend.

I turn around to Namjoon and tap his desk.

"Joon, could you help teach me this? I don't understand it at all." I pout, sticking out my bottom lip.

"Of course," He smiles "l was having some trouble with it too."He leans closer and starts explaining the problems to me.

By the end of class I was still sort of confused, but not as much.

"Remember class! Friday we're having a quiz on this! Please make sure to understand it all by then."