Chapter 1 ~ A Casual Stroll

A.N.
DISCLAIMER - If you don't know, this is the second book in the series, the first one is Forbidden Love. Though I'm not forcing you to read them in the order I made them! :)

Creative Liberty will be taken in this book, but I'll try to keep it as true as I can with Splatoon 2.

Basic Rundown of the Agents:

Agent 1 - Callie (Roller)

Agent 2 - Marie (Charger)

Agent 3 - Sarah (Splattershot Pro)

Agent 4 - Isabel (Slosher)

Agent 5 - Pearl (Dualies)

Agent 6 - Marina (Octobrush)

Agent 7 - Jake (Blaster) [Previous Agent ??]

Agent 8 - Of course, it's Mike (Roller)

Yes, I'm aware that there's no Agent 7 officially, but like I said, creative liberty XD.

Now, onto the story. :3

~

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

There was work going on again and I didn't intend to do much. Luckily we got patrol again, and from what I know, everything is in the clear. Upon hearing those words come out of Marie's mouth, my face and Sarah's lit up with a bright smile.

"Don't get too comfortable you two.." Marie teased with a smirk. Callie giggled behind her.

They turned around and walked into the HQ building as the both of us stood there, embarrassed and blushing madly.

"I-I wonder what she meant.." Sarah scratched the back of her head.

"Y-Yea.." I responded.

Though of course, we both knew what she meant, we just didn't want to mention it.

This time we were sent to patrol Suction Cup Lookout, while Agent 4 and 7 patrolled Beaker's Depot.  Holding my roller over my shoulder, and Sarah walking next to me, I chuckled. "What's so funny?" She raised an eyebrow, perplexed as to why I was laughing. "Nothing, I just remembered that this is how you confessed to me." I smiled to myself, closing my eyes."Oh..yea I did do that.." She blushed lightly, reminiscing of the event.

"Very unprofessional to do that during work, Sarah." I joked. She frowned and stared at me after the joke.

"I don't regret it." Sarah sternly said, grabbing my free hand tightly. I looked down at her hand holding mine and looked back up at her. Based on her expression, I could tell that she didn't regret a single thing. Her face was serious, but had a prideful look in her eyes.  I stared at the gorgeous inkling right next to me and smiled proudly as well.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer, pecking her on the cheek. She let out a small giggle in response. "I was kidding. I don't regret any of that either.." I whispered lovingly.

The early afternoon sun shined brightly, casting shadows across the old brick structures. Small gusts of wind came every once in awhile. It's been nothing but clear sunny days as of lately.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Patrol was nothing special as per usual, but I still enjoyed the company of my octoling. These patrols were often boring, but they felt like nice little walks. Besides the occasional encounters with the Octarians and small battles, they felt like tiny dates.

Suddenly, a whistle-like sound came from on top of the building right next to me.

"Sarah!" Mike yelled, letting go of my hand, and quickly shoving me away from a splat bomb that had landed in front of us. It detonated quickly, splashing purple ink around the area and just barely getting us. The both of us were on the floor, panting quickly from the sudden rush of adrenaline. As if we planned it, the both of us got up in synch, weapons in hand, and ready to fight.

"It's gone.." Mike sighed, slowly lowering his roller a bit, looking above the building where the Octarian had launched the bomb. "Keep your guard up, Mike." I stated, looking around us. "Though, I'm getting a weird feeling about this." Mike nodded in agreement with my statement.

We continued to walk around the area, patrolling the area, paranoid. I kept glancing around, getting ready for any ambush. We kept our hands preoccupied on our weapons,  just in case we spotted an enemy, plus we were being more aware of our surroundings.

Beep.

Mike put his arm out, stopping me from walking. He looked concentrated, calm, with little fear. "There's a charger here." He whispered softly.

We both stood still, taking cover silently and awaiting to see what our next move will be. I shifted closer to Mike, I wasn't scared however, we always do these things. I just felt even safer the closer I was to him.

"Must've been an Octobomber and an Octarian with a charger.."Mike muttered softly, peering around the corner and quickly moving his head back. "No doubt about it.." I whispered back.

"Since the Octobombers fly around, I can take them out with my Splattershot Pro. You'd be at a disadvantage." I suggested.

"Yea, but either way, a roller is at a disadvantage to either of them. I have to get close, plus I don't know where the charger is too. It could be waiting for us to peek the corner for all we know.."

We stood there in cover, pondering about what we could do.

"How about you sneak around here, sneak up to Octarian, splat them and then I can go for the bomber?"

Mike looked over at, smiled, and nodded. "Sounds good."

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

It was a solid plan we came up with, and I began to execute it. Walking around the building we were hiding by, I peeked around the corner. Sure enough, an Octarian was kneeling by on another structure, aiming at the wall we were hiding by.

As silently and as quickly as possible, I created a path of ink to a wall behind said Octarian. Swimming upwards, I stealthily approached him.

"You think I didn't see you..?"

I froze up hearing his voice. "How..?" I thought to myself, still in shock.

Being lost in my thoughts and frozen in place, the enemy was able to react. Using the charger's length and smacking my arm, I let go wincing in pain and fell.

"I recognize you..10008."  He muttered standing over me, his goggles glowing red. "You're that traitor who abandoned the Octarian army..."

"Bzzt- Mike are you okay?" Sarah asked through our communication device. "I'm taking out the Octobomber."

The Octarian stomped on my chest, making me cough out in pain and leaving me unable to respond. I could hear her shooting and the explosion of the splat bombs going off in the distance.

"You used to be-"

I cut him off, throwing his leg off of my chest and knocking him back. Swiftly, I slid over to my roller and was successfully able to turn the tables on him. Frowning and pointing the roller at his face, I explained, "Who I was and what I used to be doesn't matter anymore. I have a new life."

"So I guess you haven't told them yet.."

"I don't remember anything significant about my past. And I don't want to."

Then I splatted him.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

We eventually finished patrol and the sun began to set early. However on the way back, Mike seemed a bit off. He seemed more..distant. The octoling wouldn't even hold my hand, nor was there a smile on his face. Mike was always smiling more brightly by the end of our shift, since we finished with work.

"Did..something happen?" I asked, concerned.

He turned around and gave me a half hearted smile and nodded. "Yea."

Still concerned, we headed back in silence.