Chapter 19 ~ Spoiling Her [Part 2 of 2]

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Gasping, I stared at all the bright lights the fair had on. I almost felt like a very young inkling, a child, staring at all of the bright colors illuminating the sky. My hand clenched his as I heard him snicker, probably from the way I reacted. Though I didn't mind to be honest. "So, shall we enter?" Mike asked, gesturing me with both hands to the ticket booth. "Yes we shall." I responded as we both laughed.

The octoling stayed ahead of me in the line, until it was our turn to purchase our tickets to enter the rides. However, Mike bought us these bracelets that allowed us to go on the rides as much as we want until the day ended. He smiled his adorable smile at me as he wrapped it around my wrist. We both stared at each other without saying a word, before I planted a quick kiss on his lips and gestured him to follow me.

The place was huge, filled with all sorts of rigged carnival games and fun rides. Not to mention inklings. Lots and lots of inklings. The place was packed to say the least.

As Mike and I walked down the different paths checking out which games to play and ride, something caught my eye.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Watching Sarah get all child like and excited was super adorable, especially since you hardly get to see this energetic side of her at all. She's gotten a lot more sociable since when I first met her, but she's still reminiscent to her old self.

"Ooh! Mike!" The green haired inkling tugged on my arm, pointing in the direction of  another carnival game. "Let's go over here!" I laughed, thinking about how we practically have to yell to even hear each other, before heading in the direction Sarah originally pointed in.

We shoved and squeezed through all of the inklings to get to the game Sarah wanted to go to. "This better be worth it..There's a lot of inklings to squeeze through..." I laughed to myself as we did so.

We arrived at the game stand, where there was just enough space for the two of us to stand up without getting bumped into. Sarah peeked over at me and smiled, blushing a light pink tint.

"We have to win that."

I looked up at what she meant and, to my surprise, they had a huge octopus plush right there. I can see why Sarah wanted to go here now. "That big octopus plush?" I asked, trying to hold back a smile. The inkling nodded.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeee?" Sarah whined, which surprised me, as she kissed me on the cheek. "You don't have to beg babe, I was going to anyways."

Her face lit up even more than I thought it could.

I paid the jelly working the stand as he handed me a couple of baseballs to throw at some bottles at a distance. "Seems simple enough...My throw isn't bad..." I thought to myself. My throw wasn't too bad, but I can throw so it shouldn't be a problem. Before I threw my first ball, I quickly checked and looked around to the other inklings who were throwing. It was mainly younger inklings, but they seemed to be struggling, which I found odd. We're always throwing splat bombs or whatever, so I would think this was easy.

Sarah noticed that I was hesitating and looked at me curiously. "Are you going to throw or not?" To which I responded with a throw towards the bottles stacked ahead of me. Luckily, I hit all three of them and knocked the tower down. 

However apparently the rules for this were to knock it down 3 times in 3 tries. Which I did, somehow.

"What'll it be?" The jelly asked. 

"Th-"

"The Octopus Plush!" Sarah butted in.

"The...Octopus Plus.." I repeated softly, trying not to laugh at her child-like attitude.