Chapter 17 ~ Peace & Love

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Bam.

Groggily, I opened my eyes and shifted slightly in my bed, throwing the covers over myself more. I sat up groaning and rubbing my eyes and looked over right next to me to look at Mike. Except, he wasn't there. Where was he?

"Ouch." I heard Mike's voice echoing from the side of the bed. Suddenly realizing what had occured, I bursted out laughing. "Mike, did you fall off the bed again?" "Yes.." We both started laughing tiredly.

It has happened multiple times in the past, so of course this was nothing new.

He jumped up onto the bed in his octopus form, which I find ten times cuter than any squid form.

"Good morning.." I yawned as I stretched. Mike, turning back into his octoling form, gave a light chuckle. "More like good afternoon.." He scratched the back of his head. Surprised, I looked over at my clock found in my room, it was nearly 2 P.M. "I guess you're right.." I giggled softly.

"How about some coffee then..?" Mike asked, half asleep. I nodded and he proceeded to make his way to the kitchen. A confused face with a smile replaced my tired one as I stared curiously at Mike leaving the room. Instead of him leaving the room like a normal Octoling and opening the door. He...

Turned into his octopus form, slowly traveling on the floor and slipping under the door. Literally falling asleep as he did this. It was cute, so I'm not complaining whatsoever.

I giggled to myself as I watched him slip under the door and out. SIghing to myself happily, a smile formed upon my lips. I know I've been reunited with him for hours now, but I just simply couldn't believe he was back. Yet, my mind wandered back to the time when I was in my near death experience with the brainwashed Mike.

I sat at the edge of the bed, slipping on my squid shaped fuzzy slippers, as my mind asked itself questions that I left answered. Well all of them, except one.

What would've happened right there if he hadn't broke free at that moment?

I threw an unzipped sweater sweater on as my head lingered on the question.

It simply didn't matter thinking about what could've happened. Everything that happened, happened. No need to think about it any more or less about it.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Standing in front of the stove, waiting for the water to warm up, I phased out.

I just felt so happy being with Sarah again and not hurting her badly. I'm happy that I didn't cause anyone any serious damage. Most importantly, I'm glad that I didn't splat anyone. I finally got strong enough to knock that idiotic brainwashed me out of my head.

I gently rubbed the back of head lazily, my tentacle hair slightly bouncing up and down as I did so. Everything was just so calm right now. Peacefully, I poured myself and Sarah our own drinks and prepared them the way we each like it. 

As I finished, I felt two arms wrap around my waist, hugging me from behind. Her head resting and nuzzling on my back.

"Hey babe," I chuckled.

"Hi!" She smiled energetically. I guess she didn't need the coffee to wake up, but whatever. God she's so cute.

I gave her a light kiss on her forehead before handing her her mug, which was one custom designed with the octopus face on it. I don't know when or how she got it, but she did and she claimed it as her own.

I leaned against the sink as she did the same, but on the kitchen counter. The entire house was silent, the only sound being the two of us slowly sipping away at our coffee. The sun shined brightly through the kitchen window, making the marble counters seem to glow.

"So, do you want to go out somewhere?" I inquired, sounding a bit more awake.

A smiled formed on her beautiful lips after taking another brief sip. "Do you?"

I smirked back.

"Nope." We simply said in unison.

Setting her mug down gently, she walked over to me and hugged me, resting her head against my chest.

"I just want to spend all day with you alone. I missed you a ton."

My face began to heat up as I set down my mug and hugged her back. "I missed you too, Sarah..I would love to spend all day with you, even if it is already the afternoon." I received a muffled giggle from Sarah on the last part.

We spent the rest of the afternoon together doing our usual things. Sure, it was nothing new, but it didn't matter. I want to enjoy her company to the fullest. We snacked, napped, watched tv, and even played video games together, which was probably the most interesting part.

~

Sitting on my lap, Sarah rested her back on one of my shoulders so that I can see the tv in my room. She held the controller in her hand, staring at it curiously as if it were a foreign object.

"Sooo what are we playing agai-"

"MARIO KART 8!"

The television blasting and her surprised face made me laugh. "Oh so that's what." Sarah said trying her best not to laugh too.

The entire time mostly consisted of pausing the game and showing her the controls on the joy cons. She finally got the hang of it at one point and was adorable how she got so happy to get first when I let her. "Mike, I got first!" She smiled proudly, it was so cute, how dare I try to tell her that I let her win on purpose. I kissed her lips lovingly before chuckling. "Good job baby."

We played for a couple of hours, and Sarah was starting to get as competitive as I was.

Eventually she fell asleep in my arms as her character remained still on the track. She had turned around so that, she was still sitting on my lap, but now facing me and hugging me close and falling asleep. I embraced her tightly before giving her a goodnight kiss.

Not long after, she turned into her squid form, napping peacefully on my lap as I finished the last lap.

"She's even cuter like this.." I thought to myself. I slowly lifted and held my sleeping squid upwards and tucked myself and her into bed.

Today was fun.

~

A.N. For any confusion, I'm a he, and well...I write fanfictions in case you haven't noticed 😂

Word Count: 1110