Chapter 7 ~ Amber

A.N. We'll be diving into Sarah's/Amber's backstory here!

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Those words echoed inside my head.

"He's the one that splatted the previous Agent 7, Amber."

The incredible amount of guilt was overwhelming for me, so much so it made me cry tears. I never wanted to splat her, I never wanted to hurt anybody, but...

I had no control over myself. 

"When he came back, he reported that another Agent had witnessed the event. Isn't that right, Agent 4?"

I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to, my throat felt like it was tightening and my mouth felt completely dry. I couldn't even look at them in the eyes, but I could feel all eyes on me.

"T-That...was you, 8..?" I could hear Isabel's voice breaking and her crying with the news. I felt horrible, and I never wanted them to find out that I had done that. But it wasn't actually me, it was a brainwashed me. I would never do something like that on my own. I kept my head down, not responding to the question. "That was you, Agent 8?" Sarah and Jake asked as well.

"C'mon, tell them the truth, 10008."

Lowering my head even more, seeing the blurry floor and watching my tears hit said floor, I whispered,

"Yes.."

I could hear their sniffling ahead of me, but all I could think of in my head were the same words echoing throughout my head. I'm sorry.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I couldn't believe what was going or what I was hearing right now. All I could feel were the silent tears streaming down my face. Isabel had fallen down to her knees in defeat, crying from the news.

~Flashback~

It was a one or two years ago when I moved out of my hometown and into Inkopolis. I had recently finished unboxing and unpacking everything I had taken with me, and was quite excited about being on my own.

However, this was still in the time where I took everything seriously. The time where I didn't joke or fool around as often as I did now with Mike.

I was walking around by myself, looking up and around the city surrounding me. I was in awe of my new home, though my face didn't show it. Just a blank expression with slightly widened eyes and a slightly opened mouth. I knew that Jake and Isabel had both moved here on separate times, and this was before they started dating. Despite this, I still wanted to explore on my own.

That is, until I met Amber.

Walking down the street, I had accidentally bumped into an inkling who I believe was signing an autograph for a fan. "O-Oh! I'm sorry.." I apologized. The inkling turned around to look at me after finishing signing, and I noticed the look in her eyes. She had a stare that can intimidate anyone, and it did intimidate me, which was rare. However, after staring at me for a couple of seconds, the inkling smiled, "Woomy!"

Suddenly that menacing stare had a more friendly look to it.

She introduced herself as Amber, which matched the color of her eyes. I introduced myself with a small smile. Amber had her hair tied up, a top that went around her chest, but left her shoulders opened and some jeans with some shoes of course.