Chapter 6 ~ Cornered

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Staring at the floor, and over thinking the current situation, I wondered as to why there were more Octarian soldiers than usual.

Was it to increase security on the Great Zapfish? Or was it something else? To take out the Splatoon?

No. I wasn't going to let any of my friends get hurt. They're the inklings who stayed by my side through everything. I'd never want them to be harmed.

I clenched the roller in my hand and stared at the trio walking in front of me. Sarah was walking in front of me, with Jake and Isabel in front of her. We were all walking in between the buildings or structures around us, heading over to the Super Jump Pad.

Hearing a loud splash, all of us looked up, startled from the loud noise. Jake held his blaster tightly, Isabel with her slosher, and Sarah with her Splattershot Pro. In front of us, three Octarians had super jumped right in front of us, two of them with Octoshots and one with a Roller.

Not even realizing and not reacting in time, two Octarians came up from behind. One covering my mouth and the other kicking the back of my legs, making me fall to my knees as I let out a muffled yelp. I dropped my roller in the process and tried to break free, however one of the Octarians pushed what felt like an Octoshot right on my head.

"Don't try anything stupid, 10008."

I was shocked, scared, and panicking. Not only that, but my heart was beating extremely fast and my adrenaline was pumping.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

The Octarians in front of us were staring at us intensely, waiting for us to make the first move.

"Look!" Isabel exclaimed, turning her head quickly to look behind us.

My eyes widened at the sight of Mike, on his knees, an Octarian pointing an Octoshot to his head and the other holding his hands behind his back. His face had a look of pure fear, and this was the first time I've seen him scared to this degree. My breaths quickened and my heart began to race staring at him in danger.

"Agent 8!" Both Jake and I yelled in unison as we took a step forward to his direction.

Suddenly, three lasers pointed individually to us.

Shakily, I looked up to the building towering over us. To my surprise there were Octarians with chargers on top of the buildings we were in between of, all aiming on us. Their goggles glowing red in the now darkening sky. Not only that, but we had the three other Octarians with their weapons and the other two holding Mike hostage.

"I suggest you three don't do anything risky.." An Octarian stated harshly as the three of us stood, frozen.

We were completely surrounded.

"What do we do.." Isabel whispered over to me, all of us still frozen.

"Today's your lucky day," The same Octarian smirked. "We're only here for our little friend here. So if you don't resist, we won't harm you."

Gritting my teeth, I frowned menacingly at the Octarian. "You let him go now!" I yelled, my throat feeling like it's closing. Tears were beginning to burn in my eyes.

"Oh you made friends huh, 10008?" The Octarian grinned as he looked down at Mike. "So I guess they don't know.."

Mike's face tightened as he stared down at the floor, tears forming in his eyes. All of the weapons were still pointing at us, and any offensive moment will surely get us killed. "W-What are you talking about?" Isabel asked, just as scared as all of us. The Octarian's evil chuckle echoed through the tense atmosphere.

"Your friend here..." He pulled his hair up, making him wince in pain. "Was not only one of the most skilled Octarians in the army, but one of the highest ranked ones too.."

I couldn't get my eyes off of Mike, I was so worried and scared for him and his safety. "I don't care how bad his past is, he's a good gu-!"

"And was one of the few Octoling's able to match up against and take down an Agent.." The Octarian interrupted.

"He's the one that splatted the previous Agent 7, Amber."

~

Word Count: 723