Chapter 5 ~ Problems Arise

A.N. Let's dive into this story! Sound good?

Time Skip ~ 4 Days

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Mike, holding my hand tightly, walked alongside with me down to the Inkopolis Plaza, hoping to get another morning coffee. It wasn't a far walk, but the both of us were still trying to wake up, so of course we were tired.

Upon arriving at the square, we noticed that a ton of inklings were staring in awe and shock at the huge screen placed on the Deca Tower.

"Hey what's going on..?" Mike asked curiously as he looked over at me. I gave him a simple shrug in response. I was just as perplexed as he was. We joined the crowd of inklings, curious as to what has everyone's attention, before being told something shocking by both Pearl and Marina.

"THIS JUST IN! The Great Zapfish has...disappeared?!"

"Wait, like, for reals?! I can't believe this happened again yo!"

Both Mike and I were shocked by the sudden news as we looked up high on the Deca Tower. And sure enough, the place where the Great Zapfish once was, was empty.

I looked over at Mike in a panicked and concerned expression, and his face was exactly like mine. "Damn it.." He muttered under his breath, clenching his free hand. Pearl and Marina continued to speak as we left the crowd in a hurry, not wanting to attract anyone else's attention or arousing any suspicion.

Hurriedly, we made our way to HQ, wondering how bad the situation is. Well, I mean, it must be bad. After all, we lost the main source of power that powers the entire city of Inkopolis. Once we arrived to our destination, we noticed that both Isabel and Jake had hurried on over as well when they heard the news. Callie and Marie were both there, thank goodness, but they had a concerned look on their face. The once cheerful and smiley Callie, was now a serious and worried inkling.

A.N. Reminder of Agents once again:
Agent 1 - Callie (Roller)
Agent 2 - Marie (Charger)
Agent 3 - Sarah (Splattershot Pro)
Agent 4 - Isabel (Slosher)
Agent 5 - Pearl (Dualies)
Agent 6 - Marina (Octobrush)
Agent 7 - Jake (Blaster)
Agent 8 - Mike (Roller)

"As all of you may have heard, the Great Zapfish, Inkopolis's source of power, has disappeared." Agent 1 announced.

"Indeed." Agent 2 nodded.

In my head, I was wondering who took the Great Zapfish and why. Looking around nervously, I noticed that the other agents seemed to be wondering as well. Though Agent 8 asked the question we were all wanting to ask.

"So, who was it? Do we have any idea?"

"The Octarians." Marie stated, staring into his eyes. "We've detected an abnormal amount of Octarian activity and high levels of energy in Cephalon HQ. Both Marina and I found that out earlier this morning."

"Wait, so you two knew about this?" Agent 4 asked. 

"The three of us," Callie interjected. "We didn't make it public until later this morning. Though of course, I'm sure inklings noticed it before we announced it."

"What about the Mini Zapfish?" Jake asked. "Are there any missing?"

"Yes, 7 of them. Though they're all detected in   Slimeskin Garrison."

We were all standing outside, though the wind blowing through gave a tense aura to the conversation.

I fixed my hair after it was blown out of place by the wind and walked over to Agent 8, Mike.

He had a look of uncertainty on his face, worry too. I held both of his hands, gave them a tight squeeze, looked at him in the eyes and smiled. "We'll do our best right? For Inkopolis?" Mike smiled more confidently and nodded.

"We'll do our best."

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm here in Inkopolis. I know that I would never, ever want to return to the Octarian army. Not in a million years. However, there's still a guilt that I carry with me. Every time we fight against those Octarians, I feel guilty for splatting them. They're my kind after all...It's not like they chose this life either.

They're brainwashed. Like how I used to be. They're brainwashed with no free will.

"Mike..." Sarah knocked me out if my thoughts once again, greeting me with a sweet, loving smile. "I know it's hard for you to splat your own kind..." I nodded, though I didn't know what to respond to that. "Don't worry." She kissed me on the cheek lightly, "It'll all be okay."

Agent 1 and 2 deployed Sarah, Isabel, Jake and I to Slimeskin, telling us that 5 and 6 will be joining us as soon as they're finished with Off The Hook.

~

Once we arrived to the map we looked around and decided to split up and take care of the different kettles separately. There were 6, including the boss kettle, so we were able to finish 4 pretty quickly.

Though what I found odd was that instead of using your average Octarians, they were sending or using higher skilled Octarians to the sections. I have to admit, I was surprised that they broke my Hero Armor twice and made me hide behind walls, submerged in my own ink. Though I managed.

I was able to rescue and secure one of the Mini Zapfish.

The four of us took turns super jumping back and forth delivering the Mini Zapfish back to HQ, even the once we rescued from the Octo Shower. All of these missions were rushed, and the sun was beginning to descend. It took all morning and a big part of the afternoon to finish. These missions to rescue the Zapfish were rushed simply because without them, all of Inkopolis will lose power. At the moment, they were using a surplus of electricity to power the majority of the city.

However, as the four of us exited the Boss Kettle and were walking to the Super Jump Pad to take us to Cephalon HQ,

We ran into a problem.

~

A.N. I'm proud of this. Considering I finished this at 3 A.M. Sorry for any grammatical errors!!

~

Word Count: 1029