Chapter 18 ~ Spoiling Her [Part 1 of 2]

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Opening my eyes, I looked around the room I was in and came to the conclusion that I was in Mike's room. Still tired, I noticed that I was still in my squid form, cradled in Mike's arms. It didn't take long for me to start getting flustered upon realizing.

"Good morning...Sarah..." Mike yawned, hugging me closer. He was still half asleep. "G-Good morning...Mike..." I blushed.

~

We both got up, ate breakfast, took a shower and decided what to do for the day.

(A.N. I searched up if inklings/octolings can shower and it said yes but I don't think it's canon but I'm going with it \(-_-)/ )

"Any ideas?" The octoling asked me as he ate his bowl of cereal.

"Yes, I have one. Close your mouth while you eat dummy." I laughed as Mike tried his hardest not to let any cereal or milk out. He was luckily successful. I didn't want to be the one to clean up the mess.

Seeing him smile brightly, hearing him laugh, and just having his presence again is everything I could've wished for and more. I simply couldn't deny that I love this octoling more than anything.

"But do you have any plans?" I asked, putting another spoonful of my own cereal in my mouth. Mike looked over at me, thought for a moment, and nodded confidently. "Yes." He simply stated with a grin. I raised an eyebrow, curious as to what he had in mind and planned. Once we finished eating our breakfast, he grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door after making sure we had our phones and keys. 

"Where are you taking me, Mike?" I smirked at him as I squeezed his hand. "I'd say you'll enjoy today a lot."

I giggled, making him question me as to why I was laughing.

"I already enjoy everyday I'm with you baby." I beamed. 

We both blushed.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Those words were enough to bring butterflies to my stomach and I could feel my face begin to heat up. I loved this inkling with everything in me. 

I already had thought up of somethings we can do, which sound average but will still be fun regardless. I've decided to invite her to play a couple rounds of Turf War, then watch a movie around noon, go out to eat at a restaurant or fast food (whatever she preferred), and go to a fair that had opened not far from Inkopolis Square. Simple but effective.

I just wanted to spoil her for a bit, especially after putting her through everything that I did and making her worry so much. Make up for it to put it simply, but it's still out of love too.  

Holding the inkling's hand I brought her to the lobby where the matches began and we played a couple of fun turf war matches. We lost one and won the other three we played.

"That was fun!" Sarah uttered out, hugging my arm as we walked. It was a nice feeling. 

We made our way to the movie theater, where we bought tickets to a movie that Sarah had been wanting to watch for a long time now. It was an action film, loosely based on the Great Turf War.  We walked over the concession stand, bought whatever snacks we wanted and made our way to the theater. And ok sure, I did the drop the tub of popcorn on the theater floor and had to drag Sarah onto different seats, but we all make mistakes. We were both laughing, and even seemed that Sarah was enjoying herself more than usual. There were a few more inklings walking in either with friends or their partners, but the theater wasn't relatively filled. 

Rather than sitting on the seat next to me, she had turned into her cute squid form and rested in my lap where we shared the rest of the popcorn throughout the film. I gave her a simple forehead kiss every once in a while.

We walked out of the theater at the end of the film, my arm wrapped around her shoulder, as I joked around about the film. The entire time she was laughing at my jokes happily and I found myself helplessly staring into her shiny emerald eyes. 

"I love you, Mike." She sighed happily as she rested her head on my shoulder.

~

We went out to eat, and we decided on some pasta, which is what Sarah was particularly craving for. 

I teased her as she put a mountain of parmesan on her plate of pasta. 

"Look, you can never have too much cheese!" Sarah tried to say it without laughing, but ended up doing so anyways.

~

Lastly the fair.

It was technically open all afternoon, but I wanted to wait until it got dark out so that all the lights were in view. In the meantime, we walked around Inkopolis Square and played a couple of Turf War matches.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am today. Literally everything that we have been doing together has been so much fun. We've been laughing and smiling so much, my cheeks hurt. I could just feel myself falling deeper in love with him. 

It was starting to get dark however, and I expected it to be the end before Mike turned to me and grinned.

"We still have one last thing to go to."

After all that we've done, I was still surprised that he had yet another thing planned out. However, I wasn't about to complain. As long as I'm with him, I'll be happy. 

After everything that happened...our fight after Squidmas, all of the memories after, Mike getting kidnapped and brainwashed, the fight against him and DJ Octavio, and getting my beloved octoling back...I think this is what we both really needed. Just some quality time to spend together both inside and outside.

When we arrived at the location Mike wanted to go to for the last thing, I was even happier.

~

A.N. Am I sacrificing my hours of sleep to give my readers a chapter of our beloved octo-squid couple because I haven't uploaded in a while and wanted to write to upload something and now more than half asleep on my keyboard? Why yes, yes I am.

It's 3:30 A.M. and dying of sleep. But I really wanted to power through to write 3000 words in total today.

I hope everyone enjoys it! 

I'm going to sleep...Zzz...

Word Count: 1096