Chapter 24 ~ Trash Talk

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Yawning, I stretched as I sat up on my bed. I looked around groggily, my vision still a bit blurry from just waking up. Putting my tentacle behind my ear once more, I looked over at Mike, who was still sleeping peacefully right next to me. Taking a closer look, a small smile perched on his lips as the octoling slept.

I turned into my squid form, and as slowly and quietly as possible, I got off the bed without interrupting Mike's sleep. Once on the floor, I turned back into my inkling form and changed clothing. "Any shirt and shorts will do.." I thought to myself as I opened my luggage and rummaged through the clothing that I would wear for the day. We were staying for three days, so I had quite a bit of clothes.

As I rummaged through, my Splattershot Pro shone a bit, a hint of light reflecting off of the weapon. I stared for a moment, forgetting that I even packed it for a second, then ultimately taking it out.

I stared at the gun, looking a that small dents and scratches my Pro had. "It's gotten kinda beat up as of lately...Maybe I should get a new one..."

I stopped that train of thought immediately.

No, I can't just replace this one. I looked over at the engraving of our initials and the heart around the letters. I smiled from ear to ear as I stared at the heart.

"This means too much to replace.."

-Later-

After saying good morning to my parents, I sat at the kitchen table with my dad, who was now drinking a cup of coffee.

"Hey sweetie. I'm sorry for the stuff I said about Mike last night. I shouldn't have done it." He said softly, staring into his drink. I told him it was okay, and that he shouldn't worry, Mike didn't make it a huge deal. My mom made us breakfast and soon enough, Mike woke up.

"Good morning..." He yawned, rubbing his eye as his hair covered his other one. It looked really cute.

"Good morning Mike! Would you like some breakfast?" My mom smiled cheerfully. "Good morning," My dad smiled at him.

The octoling smiled, said yes to the offer and proceeded to sit down next to me.

"Sleep well..?" I asked, pecking him on the cheek briefly.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

"Yeah, I did," I chuckled lightly in response as she kissed me. Sarah smiled sweetly at me. Her eyes sparkled as the morning sunlight reflected off of her emerald eyes..It was honestly really mesmerizing...

As we ate breakfast, we all sat in silence. Sarah and I didn't exchange many words, maybe because we had just woken up, or maybe because their parents were right there, I don't know.

After a bit of morning tv with Sarah, who was calmly laying on my shoulder as our fingers interlocked, she came up with an idea.

"We should play a few Turf War matches here!" She exclaimed excitedly, quickly sitting up and looking at me. Her hair jumped up as she did. "We can play here too..?"

"Yea we can. It's just that it's a bit...less modern I suppose." Sarah informed. "Inkopolis is said to have to the biggest stages and more modern designs and whatever, but other towns and cities have their own maps to play on. It's still pretty fun babe!"

I smiled brightly to match hers and nodded happily. "Let's go check it out!" I responded with a rather cheerful tone.

~

After what felt like walking for an eternity, Sarah and I arrived to the place where Turf War's took place.

"Here we are!" She exclaimed.