Chapter 3 ~ A Certain Someone's Birthday

January 7, 7:45 A.M.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I woke up especially early the next morning. I opened my eyes and found myself in my octopus form, being cuddled by Sarah. Of course I was happy about it, but I have a mission at the moment. To find Sarah a birthday gift.

I'm aware that a good boyfriend should have got their partner their gift in advance, but I didn't not buy her a gift on purpose. I was planning on buying it yesterday, but was distracted by the situation that had occurred. As for ideas on what to give her, I had a couple of ideas and I might have enough savings to have it done. Though, I needed assistance.

"Hey Isabel," I greeted over the phone. "Do you mind helping me choose a gift for Sarah?"

"Yea! Of course! We can meet at Arowana Mall. There'd be a lot of options there."

"Alright! I'll see you there!"

I hung up the phone and stood there in the living room for a moment. I'm doing better than I was last night, but I still flashback from time to time. Thankfully, today was going to help with distracting myself.

Ever since I left the room, Sarah was fast asleep, so I snuck back into her room and took her Splattershot Pro with me. Creaking open the door slowly, I hesitated for a moment and looked over at the sleeping inkling, who's hair was flung over her face. Smiling, I silently walked over to Sarah, stared at her beautiful face for a moment, then pecked her softly on her sleeping forehead.

Proceeding to enter my room, I placed the gun against the doorway entrance and headed over to my cabinet to select and change my clothing. From a tank top and basketball shorts, I changed to sweats and a t-shirt.

Once exiting, gun in hand, I looked over at the kitchen counter and an idea popped into my head. Leaving out a clean bowl and spoon, I left her favorite cereal box next to it so that she can immediately serve herself some breakfast. As a bonus, I added a note next to it.

Then I headed out to Arowana Mall.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

~Time Skip: 3 Hours (10:45 A.M.)~

Groaning, I sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes tiredly, followed by a stretch. I already knew what today meant for me, but I was curious as to what's planned for today without my knowledge. I got off of my bed and stared at myself in the mirror in my room. "I look like a mess.." I muttered to myself tiredly. All I was wearing were a spandex shorts and a baggy shirt, plus my hair was messed up. To fix my look, I simply put on a cute top, a pair of leggings and tied up my hair.

"Happy birthday my love! I'm so glad that I met you and I still can't believe I'm the lucky guy that gets to call you mine..."

The paragraph that Mike had sent me went on and on. Though, I read and loved every word of it. It meant a lot more from him. I smiled to myself before realizing that he was absent. I looked around the room curiously for a moment before exiting.

Leaving my room, I walked over to the kitchen where I spotted a set up for breakfast. My favorite cereal plus a bowl and spoon with a note from Mike.

"Start your day with your favorite breakfast! I love you. I'll be back soon enough." The note was followed by a couple of hearts drawn in. My face blushed a bit as I realized that I was falling even more in love with him.

I wonder where he could've gone to?

~Time Skip~

Ding!

I walked up to the door upon hearing the doorbell and opened it. What I saw was Mike holding multiple different things: a bag, a gun and a drink.

"Hey." He smiled widely once our eyes met. Giggling, I said hi back. "What's all this?"

"Well, your birthday gifts." Mike chuckled as he kissed me on the lips swiftly. Blushing, I grinned at him. "There wasn't any need to get me a gift...I already have you!" I jumped into his arms, turning into my squid form halfway. We both laughed in unison as he caught me and dropped the bags. Birthdays are always happy for me, but now that I met and have Mike with me, they feel all the more special. We stared into each others eyes lovingly as we kissed once again.

"Can I open my gifts nowww?" I said, throwing a mini tantrum. "Sure." The octoling smirked with a small blush. "Here, this Ink-Charge Melon drink, your favorite, is yours." I grabbed the drink and chugged it down with a huge smile on my face as we headed on over to the small dining room. Quickly taking a seat, I rummaged through the bag and found some really cute and good pieces of clothing, being able to hold 3 abilities.

It's strange, I never once cared about wearing attractive clothing. Maybe it's because I want to look good for Mike...I'm not exactly sure, though it's embarrassing to think about.

"Wow, you picked both adorable and good clothes Mike!" I exclaimed happily as he grinned proudly. "Check the bottom of the bag." He added afterwards. I stared at him, confused as to what he meant, and looked in the bag. Sure enough, there was a small square box in the bottom. I grabbed it and took another curious look at the octoling, who was still smiling proudly.

Inside it, a golden chain necklace with a small golden heart at the end of it. My eyes widened as I saw the necklace. From what I can tell, it was an expensive one. "He must've used his savings on all of this.."

I told him that I found it gorgeous and thanked him a lot, before he handed me the last gift. "Mike, this is my Splattershot..." I chuckled awkwardly. "Yea, but just look at the design." I raised an eyebrow and looked down at the weapon on my lap. Sure enough, Mike had added something. Taking a closer look, I concluded that it was a medium sized heart with S+M sprayed on.

Tears of happiness formed in my eyes as I looked over at the octoling.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Sarah's eyes began to tear up as she looked at me and I grew concerned. "S-Sarah? Is everything ok?" My beloved inkling nodded, wiped her eye, got up and hugged me tightly.

"I love you, Mike. Thank you..thank you for everything.." Sarah sobbed quietly into my neck as I held her tightly. "Anything for you, baby..." I whispered back soothingly.

~

I ended up taking her out again. We went to a lazer tag place and a really good pizzeria, played a couple of Turf War matches together, and took a nice stroll alone through a nearby park. Anything to make her special day special.

The day consisted of purely laughter and never ending happiness, and I can't say how intense my butterflies in my stomach get whenever I see Sarah laugh and smile so much.

I never want this happiness to end.

~

A.N. Hey guys, sorry for the late upload and any spelling/grammar mistakes. It's 4 A.M. Right now 😅 I decided to go with a more light hearted chapter here.

~

Word Count: 1215