The Drive

Knott's POV

I was following the directions on my phone to N'Wad's house. Looking over ever so often at N'Tew. He seems to be worried about something.

Finally I had enough of him chewing his bottom lip. "What's got you so worried?" I turn right as I continue driving.

"I'm not worried. I'm thinking." N'Tew continues to murder his lip.

"What you thinking about that's making you bleed." I say noticing the bright red liquid dripping to his chin. I hand over a Kleenex.

"Something about the story as to why we're going. I'm sure there's more to it. I just don't know what." He's dabbing the Kleenex on his face to clean the blood.

"I thought so to. However if N'Wad doesn't want to say. We can't force him to." I say knowing yet again I sound like the wise one of the group. I'm never going to get rid of that title am I?

"I know I'm just......worried. What if it's something really bad." He admits.

"So you are worried." I say.

"Yes. Aren't you?" He asks, biting his lips again.

"Stop that." I grab the Kleenex and shove it in his face. "Of course I'm worried. I trust Prem though." I tell truthfully.

"Okay. If you think it will be fine then so do I." N'Tew says relaxing a little.

Bright's POV

I know I said it was fine, but this is not fine. What kind of friends are so damn touchy. I know what kind BOYFRIENDS! Space NOT between the word. One word.

First N'Aim wouldn't sit in the front seat, claiming he wanted to be with his friend. Next thing I know they may as well be making out in front of me. What is going on?!

I thought we had a thing going on. But not compared to them. All they do is whisper then laugh. They even hug and lean on each other's shoulders.

"So" I say trying to make conversation. "You two were friends in high school."

"Yeah of that's what you want to call it." The friend replies.

What does that mean!!??

"Huh?" I look at N'Aim who looks away with a caught face. Uh oh.

"What's your-" I get interrupted by a call from N'Kongpob.

I answer put it on speaker then hand it to N'Aim. Got to be a responsible driver.

"Hey." We all say, even the friend says it.

"Oh my god. I should have known you were talking about Waii when you said friend. How are you? We missed you. Too bad you aren't going to our uni."

"N'Kongpob you know him." I ask intrigued.

"Of course I went to the same high school as Aim and Waii." He explains.

His names Waii. Okay then. "Oh that's  right. Are you on speaker?" I say wondering what Arthit thinks about this.

"No. One second. I am now." He says.

"Hey Arthit." I innocently say.

"Who's this N'Waii guy?" Arthit asks.

"Oh. Is Kong in trouble?" Aim asks teasingly.

"Why would he be?" N'Waii asks.

"He acts completely different with you than he does our seniors and us. I don't think his boyfriend likes that." N'Aim adds. "Am I right P'Arthit?"

"I know where you live." Arthit threatens.

"No you don't." Says N'Aim.

"But, my boyfriend does." Arthit retorts.

"Kong wouldn't betray me." N'Aim says.

"Yes I would." N'Kongpob deadpans. N'Aim's  face was priceless. He was no longer smiling.

"How could you? I'm your best friend." He asks in a whiney voice.

"Yeah and if you are the cause of a problem I have with my boyfriend, I wouldn't be very happy with you." N'Kongpob says. I start laughing my ass off seeing N'Aim's face.

"Wait wait wait. Kong has a boyfriend.  What happened to that one girl? Oh what was her name, uhhhh, Kae. That's it." N'Waii asks.

N'Kongpob went silent. "Let's not talk about that."

"Who?" I hear Arthit ask before the call got disconnected.

You could feel the awkwardness around thicken.

"Perfect. Just perfect. If my friend and nong have a fight after this I'm coming after you." I say angrily.

"I see why you like him now." I hear N'Waii whisper to N'Aim.

I smirk. "I'm sorry can you say that a little bit louder. I couldn't completely hear you." I glance at N'Aim through the mirror, as I have been the whole drive.

"Waiiiiiiii." N'Aim whines. "You could've said that quieter."

"What's the fun in that?" He replies.

"I like you already Nong." I say towards N'Waii. We both smirk evily towards N'Aim.

"I thought you were my friend." Comes a whiney voice.

"I am. It's my job to embarrass you." N'Waii responds.

"Hey is N'Kongpob and N'Aim always like that toward you." I ask genuinely curious.

"Yeah it's how they are. I'm like the big brother of the group. People often think I am dating one of them." N'Waii says.

"I thought you and N'Aim were dating at first." I admit.

"Ewww." N'Aim complains. "That'd be like incest. No thank you."