The Morning Talk

Tew's POV

"Wake up." I was slightly shaken by a unknown force. Their voice was familiar, but it was hard to tell because they were whispering. Using my arm I try shooing them away. "Tew you need to wake up. We need to start getting ready." I realized it's Knott.

"Then go get ready I will later." I was half asleep saying this. Why is it so warm. I feel like I'm hugging a teddy bear.

"I would, but until you get off my arm and let go of me. I can't move much." Knott's words made me jump off the bed. I wasn't hugging him. Totally. Nope. Did not happen.

I felt my face go red. I don't know why, but that was really embarrassing. Yet I wanted to continue doing that. "Sorry." I apologize in what was barely a whisper.

"It's fine." He also gets off the bed going to take a shower.

I try my best to not think about it anymore. However the feeling of warmth and protection keeps coming back to my mind. I don't pay much attention to the clothes I am choosing I ended up with a pale banana yellow shirt and green camouflage shorts. I will 100% be regretting this later.

The bathroom door cracks open, "Hey Tew," he says before continuing. "I forgot a towel. Can you hand one too me?" He questions.

"Sure." I walk over to a closet. I find a towel on th top shelf. "Here you go." I say as I'm hand him the towel.

"Thanks" What catches me off guard is when Knott walks out in his towel only.

I'm speechless. This is awkward. I don't get why though. When I was on the basketball team we usually had 2 people a shower. That was completely fine. Why is it awkward now. Maybe it's because he is a senior. Yeah that's it. (No it's not.)

"Okay. Uhhhhhhh. I'll go take a shower." I all but run in the bathroom.

Knott's POV

As I'm about to put my shirt on a knock comes at the door. "Yeah! Come in!" It's probably N'Wad or Prem, or both. They seem pretty friendly lately.

"You shouldn't let just anyone in. It's dangerous in this house." Prem scolds me. That's usually my job as the wise owl of the group.

"Can you tell me the whole story?" I ask I know it's not Prem's story to tell but I am curious. Though I have most of the pieces together.

"That's N'Wad's decision." Prem tells me. I knew he was going to say that.

"He'll need to explain the whole thing to us eventually." I say.

"Not until he is ready." Prem is being very stern on this.

"You really care. Don't you?" I ask him shocked at his standing ground.

"Of course I do. He's my nong." Prem tells me.

"He's my nong too. It seems that our care is different though." I tell him.

"I don't think so." Prem tells me.

"You're the one he trusted enough to tell. You're the only one who went after him that night. Think about it." I can only say so much without saying what exactly I mean. It's the same way I am with Tew. As much as I hate to admit it. At least I don't deny it.