Four

"Hey," Hannah choked as she looked at my face from her front door, "put this on, hood up."

I nodded and took the hoodie from her hands. I pulled the hood up and did my best to cover my face. I went straight up to Hannah's room without waiting for her and slid down the wall in a slump. I can't believe this is my life.

"It's just me, they don't know what's going on but they're already starting to ask questions," Hannah explained as she sat down in front of me, "do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head no before Hannah cleaned my face up with the first aid kit. I didn't want to talk about it, but I should.

"She was passed out on the counter when I got home. I was just trying to put her to bed," I explained numbly as a few tears fell down my cheeks.

"You don't deserve that," Hannah sighed.

"Thanks Han," I sighed.

"You're my best friend Myra, I would do anything for you."

"You're my best friend too," I smiled weakly as Hannah wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"So you drove Jimmy back to my place, how did it go?" Hannah smirked, changing the subject.

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you turn your flirt on, or what?" Hannah exclaimed.

"What does that mean?" I laughed weakly.

"Dude! Come on," Hannah laughed, "did you flirt with him or not!"

"No, why would I flirt with him?"

"You're an idiot Cap."

"Shut up," I laughed, "I'm the smart one."

"But you're boy stupid," Hannah laughed, "come on, let's go get some ice cream."

"Ice cream?" I asked.

"It's your birthday in four minutes. So let's go get some ice cream," Hannah said like it was obvious.

I shook my head with a small laugh before Hannah helped me up off the floor of her bedroom. Hannah really is my best friend. She never fails to make me feel better.

I let the hood of the hoodie fall back as we walked downstairs.

"Hannah, who's hoodie is this?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Jimmy's," Hannah laughed.

"You're a jerk."

"I'm your best friend," Hannah pretended to be offended as we walked into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes as I jumped up onto the counter. I pulled the sleeves of Jimmy's hoodie over my hands and couldn't help but notice how soft this hoodie was and how good it smelled.

"Mhmm, I can tell that you're totally mad about that," Hannah smirked as she started to scoop two bowls of ice cream.

"Keep your mouth shut," I laughed.

After Hannah scooped out the ice cream, we sat there together for a minute until the stove clock read midnight.

"Happy eighteenth birthday, cap," Hannah smiled as she ate a spoonful of ice cream.

"Thank you," I replied quietly as I ate my own ice cream.

Hannah and I made our way back up to her room, but not before we got stopped by Chandler.

"Do I need to do anything?" Chandler asked me.

"Keep it to yourself, please."

"I will, but you're going to have a black eye," Chandler said simply before he hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I nodded knowing that I would have one by the morning, but there's nothing I can do about that. Hannah and I got back to her room and laid on her bed. She played Netflix as we went to sleep. I have always felt like part of the Hallow family, since that's how they treat me, but I have a whole nightmare life to deal with too.