Thirty-Six

"Hey, let's go to your apartment," Chandler suggested.

"Why?" I groaned from where I was still laying in Chandler's bed.

I fell asleep here last night while Chandler was gone picking up Hannah.

"It's your home," Chandler laughed.

"Fine," I sighed.

I grabbed my sweatshirt and pulled it over my head, leaving my hood up to sulk. I don't know why Chandler wanted to go to my apartment, it's not like being there instead of here is going to change anything. I'm still going to go right to my bed and allow myself to drown in my sadness there.

When we got to my apartment, there was a red rose taped to my front door. I grabbed it and read the note attached as we walked inside.

I'm sorry -J

Well, sorry for what? Sorry for ignoring me? Sorry for pushing me away? Sorry for making me sad? Sorry for making me cry? Just saying sorry isn't going to fix anything, especially if he won't acknowledge what he's apologizing for. And he can come to my apartment, but he can't text me? He can't tell me that he's stopping by or even just reply to one text I sent him.

I dropped the rose onto my counter and walked straight to my bedroom.

"Hey nugget," Jimmy half-smiled at me, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like I was pushing you away and I never want you to cry. I've been working on a project and you deserve so much more than just a goodnight and a good morning. I wasn't thinking. I am so sorry."

"All you would have had to do was tell me that," I sighed, "I have been thinking for days that you didn't want to be with me anymore and a few stupid words that I didn't even mean to say were going to ruin everything."

"Don't do that, I don't want you to ever think that I don't want to be with you. You are perfect and the best thing that has ever happened to me," Jimmy insisted as he wrapped me in a tight hug, "you mean everything to me and more. I am not going anywhere, and I don't want you to go anywhere."

Jimmy held me even tighter before I gave in and hugged him back. I locked my arms around his waist and buried my head in his chest. This is all I would ever need in this life. An embrace like this. Nothing mattered anymore, just us. The few days still hurt, but now they are in the past and we are here in this moment. The present.

"You are the most important thing in the world to me," Jimmy mumbled.

"You are the only thing I will ever need," I chuckled, feeling a last few tears fall from my eyes.

"I'm sorry. Thank you for talking to Chris and Chandler, they made me realize what I was doing. I was so dumb and oblivious, and I never want you to feel that way."

"It's okay, I'm just relieved you still want to be with me," I cried tear-less.

"I would never want to not have you. I don't want to think of a day without you. Can you forgive me?" Jimmy pleaded.

"Can you forgive me?" I asked.

"What? Nugget, you didn't do anything," Jimmy shook his head as he pulled back from our hug to look me in the eye, "you are perfect in every way, you did nothing wrong. There is nothing for you to be sorry for, okay?"

I nodded slowly before Jimmy pressed his lips to mine. I wanted to tell him that I love him again, but now I'm terrified that it'll just push him away all over again. I trust Jimmy, I would put my life in his hands, but I can't help but feel like what he was telling me wasn't completely true.

"Come on, I want to take you to do something special," Jimmy smiled.

"What kind of something special?" I asked.