Thirty-One

"I have a feeling this is going to be the fastest challenge yet," I laughed.

"I have a feeling like you're right," Jimmy laughed.

I looked between each of the guys as they kept walking on the treadmills. They were barely moving, and yet they looked like they were going to die. Babies. Jimmy walked away to go get something to give to the boys as a challenge. He handed each of them a rubix cube, challenging them to finish it to earn $3,000. Chandler turned the cube maybe three times before he gave up and tossed it on the floor.

"Chandler, this is why you lose," I laughed, "you have to actually try."

Everyone laughed at my outburst, but come on. A challenge starts and Chandler whines before he walks away and then complains about how he loses. If he were to genuinely try, he could win.

"I'd like to see you do it, Marx," Chandler scoffed, "it's harder than it looks."

"I'm sure it's super tough," I mocked, "you lost a house because of a pickle and you lost a tesla by playing what are the odds to make it seem like you weren't as much of a baby because you were tired."

"Love had made you cruel," Chandler shook his head.

I laughed and turned back to my phone. They thought I was going through Instagram or something mindless, but I was flipping through flashcards on Quizlet. Now that we've been back in school for a few weeks, we have exams this week.

"What are you looking at?" Jimmy asked.

I showed him the chemistry flash cards that I was flipping through. Jimmy smiled before taking my phone from my fingers.

"What is normal boiling point?" Jimmy asked.

"The temperature at which a liquid always changes into its gaseous form," I answered.

Jimmy nodded before scrolling down, "what factors affect reaction rates?"

"Temperature, concentration, particle size, and the use of a catalyst," I answered.

Jimmy asked me a few more questions before our attention was pulled by Chandler.

"I'm getting out," Chandler panted.

"Chandler, no!" I called, "come on, just keep moving. Don't think about how you're running, just put your mind somewhere else and keep moving."

"But I want to quit," Chandler whined.

"No, you really don't. Listen to me," I assured, "no one else is in this room but me and you. You can keep going. What can I do to distract you so you can just keep moving?"

"Play me a song," Chandler smirked.

"Deal, but if you get off that treadmill I am going to be so pissed at you," I laughed.

"Deal," Chandler laughed.

"What do you want to hear?" I asked after Jimmy brought out the keyboard from the editing room.

"That song from your freshman homecoming," Chandler laughed.

I glared at him before I looked down at the keys. My freshman homecoming was Chandler's senior homecoming. And being Chandler, he left his date to make me dance to one song with him. And also being Chandler, he picked a cheesy Adele song.

"I don't know that song on the piano," I shrugged.

"Liar," Chandler laughed, "shut up and play it."

"I can't keep up with your turning tables, under your thumb I can't breathe," I sighed as I played, knowing everyone was watching me.

"Thank you, wow it's like I have a new wave of energy," Chandler smirked.

"Shut up Chandler," I rolled my eyes as I sat back down in the chair I was in earlier.

Jimmy laughed before he sat down next to me and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together. I liked being around these guys, they are the light that their videos bring to my life. They are the best thing that ever happened to me.

Marcus quit, he couldn't run anymore, and Chandler tried to quit again. After my arguing and persuasion, Chandler stayed in.

"You need to be his coach for every challenge," Jake laughed, "maybe he'd actually win."

"Doubtful," I mumbled under my breath.

Jimmy and Bailey both heard me, laughing at my comment.

"How do you like the apartment?" Bailey asked.

"It's different," I answered honestly, "but I like it."

"It's a nice apartment," Bailey admit considering he used to live there, "Jimmy said you painted."

"Yeah, white walls just make me think of hospitals," I laughed.

"I don't blame you, I was only living there for like two months so I didn't bother, but I wanted to paint," Bailey laughed.

"How's the house?" I asked.

"So nice, it's nice to be somewhere that feels a little more permanent."

"Understandable," I smiled.

Chandler interrupted our conversation, by sitting down on my lap.

"You quit?!"

"You were distracted, it was my only opportunity," Chandler panted with a laugh.

"Quitter," I laughed as I put rubbed my hands against Chandler's back.

"It's so hot in here," Chandler whined.

He got off of my lap and plopped into the chair next to me. Jimmy handed me a cold water bottle and I sprinkled it over Chandler to help him cool down before I pressed a cold towel on his forehead. After Chandler had cooled down, he rested his legs on my lap. I didn't mind.

Chandler didn't move through the rest of challenge while Ty and Chris battled it out. Chandler walked most of the challenge, and he went a few miles, but he seemed extremely exhausted for the amount of work he did. I feel like I could easily do this challenge and run the equivalent of a marathon before I would be as exhausted as Chandler is now.

"We're both going to ten," Chris called before both him and Ty turned up their treadmills.

It didn't take long, just a few minutes. They were both running, and Chris nearly tripped and made the choice to catch himself instead of just eating shit for the hopes that Ty might bail first.

"Ty, you officially did thirteen miles, which means you win $13,000," Jimmy smiled as he held the camera on Ty.

"$!3,000?" Ty repeated.

"What are you going to do with the 13,000 smack-a-roonies?" Jimmy asked.

"A car. A big car," Ty panted before he took a much needed drink from a water bottle,

"Oh really? Can they see what car you're gonna buy?"

"Sure," Ty agreed.

Jimmy finished up his video and I helped some of the extra people here clean up the warehouse. We were leaving the treadmills where they are because Jimmy is apparently using them again soon.

"Ready to go?" Jimmy asked.

I nodded happily.

"I'll see you later kid," Chandler smiled before he wrapped me in a hug, "thanks for kicking me ass to stay in."

"I will coach you until you win," I promised.

"Deal," Chandler laughed.