Thirty-Four

"Ready to run?" Chandler laughed as I tied my shoes.

"I'm an athlete, I think I'll be okay," I laughed as I stood next to the treadmill along with the other girls.

Chris handed each of us a yellow MrBeast t-shirt, instructing us all to put it on. When the boys did this challenge, they all wore the same tank top, so why not have us all wear the same shirt.

"So today we're doing a special second edition of the treadmill challenge that we did a few weeks ago. The rules are the same, for every mile the winner runs, they win a thousand dollars. In the last one, Ty ran 13 miles, so he earned $13,000. Chris, who are our lovely contestants today?" Jimmy spoke into the camera.

"We have Jake's girlfriend Shelby, Garrett's girlfriend Emily, my wife Katie, and Chandler's basically adopted sister Myra," Chris introduced us.

When Jimmy told us, we all stepped up onto the treadmills and turned them on to a speed of 3.5. It was a walking speed, and I wanted to go faster. The faster I move, the more miles I go, the more money I could win to help me pay for tuition. When Jimmy asked me to be in this video, I was hesitant. I don't want to take Jimmy's money, but I need to pay for tuition somehow and this is a way to earn it.

"Shelby, tell us about yourself a little bit," Jimmy prompted.

I ignored them. I am an annoying pain in the ass who is way too competitive for my own good, and I am perfectly aware of that. And I want to win, it's my only chance to go to college.

"Myra, if you win, what are you doing with the money?" Jimmy asked me with a smile.

"Paying for my first semester of college," I answered honestly with a laugh, "we'll see if I have to drop out after that because I can't afford it."

We all kept walking for a few minutes, and I read the distance on my treadmill and saw 1.5, meaning if I won right now I would earn $1,500.

"Okay Myra, roll this dice," Jimmy smiled handing it to me.

I tossed the dice and it landed on 6, so I had to turn up my speed to 6.

"I'm sorry," Jimmy smiled sheepishly, "please don't trip."

"I'm happy to go faster," I laughed, "the faster I run, the more miles I go."

The rest of the girls rolled a two or a one, so they were all walking while I was jogging. I ran until Jimmy told me I could turn it down, but I only turned it down to 5. I stayed there for a few minutes before I turned it back up to 9.

"You're going to tire yourself out, are you sure you want to be running?" Hannah asked me.

"I ran a half marathon last year," I smirked, "and I'm in better shape now than I was then."

"You ran a half marathon?" Jimmy asked.

"It was part of the fundraiser I held," I explained.

I kept running, knowing I was sweating and that I must look like I was getting exhausted, but I felt fine for now.

Jimmy excused himself to go film something that he didn't want us to hear, and we kept running.

"Can we get anyone, anything?" Bailey asked.

I was good, the other girls seemed like they might be reaching a limit, but they were hanging in there.

"What are you going to school for, Myra?" Katie asked from next to me.

"Neuroscience," I answered, "I want to find a way to reverse paralysis."

"Really? Like you think you can cure someone who's paralyzed?" Katie asked.