Thirteen

Jimmy and I haven't spoken since the game. He's texted me a few times, but I haven't answered him. What's the point of talking to him if he sees me as such a joke? I haven't been over to Hannah's or spoken to Chandler either. Hannah and I talk every day, but life was simpler before I met Jimmy and I want to get back to that. I do miss him though.

Hannah: What time are you coming over?

Me: 2. When is Andrew picking you up?

Hannah: 5

Winter ball is tonight. I'm going over to help Hannah get ready. She's going to have so much fun tonight and she'll look amazing. I finished reading the act of Hamlet that I needed to read for Monday and put my homework away. I had more to do, but there was too much on my mind. Hannah can tell that there's something up, but I haven't found the words to be able to tell her what it is. I'm not trying to hide it from her, I just don't know how to say it.

I scrolled through Instagram to pass the time and saw a post that Chandler had tagged me in last night. It was the picture of Hannah and I holding the state championship trophy after the game. I liked the photo and read the caption he put on it.

@chandlerhallow: I'm proud of these girls. My sister and her best friend are now state champions for the third year in a row. They are the MVP, love you both

@myra.marx: That's all the intro I get? Your sisters' best friend? Rude.

I sighed as I sent the comment and kept scrolling through my feed. It seemed like every post I saw was about Jimmy. He was everywhere. Using Instagram as a distraction wasn't working, but I kept scrolling anyway until I had to leave to go to Hannah's. I grabbed my bag with everything I needed to help Hannah get ready and left. The drive to Hannah's house felt weirdly foreign to me. I hadn't made it in over a week, which really isn't that long, but it's been a very long and lonely week.

I knocked on the Hallow's front door, and of course Chandler was the one to open it. He smiled at me sadly.

"Hannah's upstairs."

"Thanks Chandler," I half smiled.

"The guys are here, we're in the living room so come get me when she's ready so I can take pictures for my parents," Chandler instructed.

"Of course. Chandler, I'm sorry," I sighed.

"For what?"

"Ignoring your texts. It's been a rough week," I half explained.

"It's okay, I just miss you," Chandler laughed.

"I miss you too."

Chandler pulled me into a hug and it was exactly what I needed. I missed Chandler, and his annoying overprotective tendencies, and his bad jokes.

"I still have your biology notebook, I'll give it to you before you leave,"

I nodded before I walked up the stairs to get to Hannah's room. When I walked in, she was still in her pajamas, watching The Office on her laptop. I laughed and took all of the stuff out of my bag and pulled up the picture on my phone that I was using for inspiration.

"Make me gorgeous baby," Hannah laughed as she sat down in her desk chair.

"You already are," I laughed.

Hannah turned off The Office and turned on some music instead. It was honestly playing way too loud considering there were other people in this house and I'm sure it was annoying. I'm so tired... by Lauv and Troye Sivan was the first song that played so we sang along and goofed around for a few minutes before I started her makeup.