Forty

"Hey, did you get the e-mail about the open house?" Hannah asked as she walked up to my locker.

"Hannah, I'm class president, I sent the e-mail," I laughed.

"Right," Hannah realized, "anyway, thank god it's being held outside."

"Will you help me set up after school?" I asked, "we're hosting it in the back parking lot."

"Sure, oh and is it cool if Andrew helps us too?"

"Andrew?" I asked in disbelief, "you can't be serious."

"He apologized," Hannah shrugged, "benefit of the doubt?"

"I will support you always, but I want you to know that I think that's a bad idea," I warned, "I will support you nonetheless."

"So can he help?" Hannah asked.

"I suppose," I sighed, "be careful, okay?"

"I love him, ya know?" Hannah shrugged.

"I know, but please be careful," I pleaded.

"Why are you wigging out?" Hannah asked.

"Because he stole your yellow," I sighed, "when you look at you and me, as people, you have always been vibrant yellows and reds and blues. You are bold and practically fearless and vibrant. I am dark grey and black and white. You are the color in my life, and Andrew stole your yellow. He took the happiness; the Saturday night karaoke parties, the ice cream for breakfast days, the friendship wars fire, the giggle filled phone calls, the cheer writing sleepovers we have before volleyball season. He stole your yellow and turned it grey. I don't want him to have the power to steal it again."

Hannah nodded before walking away to her last class. I grabbed my calculus book and walked towards the classroom. I listened to the lecture, one of the last ones I would hear in my senior year, since graduation is in just a few short weeks.

"Who can tell me the solution to question four?" Mr. Brooks asked, "miss Marx?"

I put my hand down after being called on, "the limit does not exist."

"Very good," Mr. Brooks smiled.

I sat back in my chair, listening to the lecture until my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Hercules: I love you

Me: I love you

Hercules: When you get home tonight, I have a surprise for you.

Me: Okay.

The final bell sounded, signifying the end of the day. I got my stuff for the day from my locker and made my way to the equipment locker in the back of the school. I found tables and chairs, and slowly started carrying them out to the back parking lot one at a time. Hannah and Andrew helped me carry and set up tables. We placed a chair next to each table for the seniors to sit on while they aren't presenting. After the lot was set up, I pulled my car next to my station and grabbed the supplies out of my trunk. I had to completely reset my entire experiment. I had planned to just show the video when the open house was being held in the gym, but now I can actually show my project.

The rest of the senior class began setting up their projects as I filled started cutting lemons in half. I had filmed my project a month ago, so I had to completely re-do all of the prep work for my project. My car battery was draining as I finished cutting the lemons and put them all in a tote.

"Hey kid," Chandler smiled as he walked up to me with Jimmy, Chris, and Karl.

"Hey," I smiled, "what are you guys doing here?"