Thirty

"Dude this is so cool," Hannah laughed as we sat on my living room floor.

"I know, it still doesn't feel like home though," I sighed.

"It will, especially once you get furniture," Hannah laughed.

"I know, but furniture costs money, so I'm working on it," I laughed.

"My parents want to buy you something, as a housewarming gift. They want to know what you'd want."

"I have no idea," I laughed, "I've never had to furnish and decorate a whole apartment before."

"Then I will go with my mom and help her pick something out," Hannah smiled.

I laughed as I laid back onto the hard floor. I looked up at the ceiling and smiled. Hannah and I had spent all day painting. Jimmy wanted me to make this home, and he said I could paint. We had painted every room in the apartment, turning it from white to grey. I took one wall in my bedroom and painted it a deep, dark red and one wall in the living room was black.

"Is there anything left to paint?" Hannah asked.

"Nope, we just need to wait for my bedroom to finish drying before I can unpack," I answered.

"Good, I have something," Hannah laughed.

I stayed where I was as Hannah got up and jogged over to my kitchen. I don't know what she's up to, it's not like there's anything in my fridge yet.

"I swiped this. We have freedom to make dumb choices," Hannah giggled as she down next to me with a bottle of tequila.

"I don't know Hannah, I don't think that's a good idea," I hesitated.

"Why? We aren't going anywhere, we're in your apartment. There's no danger here, we're just having fun," Hannah assured.

I watched as she pulled the cap off and took a drink before handing the bottle to me. I didn't love the idea of drinking, considering my mother and my brother, but just one drink probably wouldn't hurt. I lifted the bottle to my lips and tasted the burning liquid as it rolled over my taste buds and down my throat.

"Let's go!" Hannah cheered as she stood up and turned on some music over her speaker.

Hannah's ridiculous, which is one of the reasons why I love her. I pulled out my phone and recorder her dancing around my paint-supply littered living room like a goof. She is a goof, but so am I in my own ways. I posted the photo to my story with the caption: 'it's going to be a looooooooooong night.... @hannahhallow'. I didn't get to enjoy laughing at Hannah, since she pulled me up off the floor to make me dance around with her. We were just having fun, drinking some tequila while we danced around my apartment.

"In the garden of evil, I'm gonna be the greatest, in a golden cathedral, I'll be praying for the faithless," I sang along as Hannah and I spun each other around.

"And if you lose, boo-hoo. Hey, look ma I made it!" Hannah yelled with a giggle.

"Everything's coming up aces, aces, if it's a dream, don't wake me, don't wake me, I said hey look ma, I made it," I yelled back.

Hannah grabbed onto one of the paint brushes and flicked paint at me.

"Jerk!" I laughed before I retaliated and threw some back.

Hannah shrieked and giggled before she threw even more paint back at me.

"Stop," I laughed, "we're going to ruin the walls."

"Live a little!" Hannah yelled before she dunked both of her hands into the buckets of paint and smeared them on my face and my torso.

We were having fun, but I shut down a paint war. I give in to most things with Hannah, but I didn't want to ruin my apartment with paint everywhere.