Sixteen

"Stop fussing," Hannah laughed.

"I feel ridiculous," I sighed.

"Shut up, and let me finish your makeup," Hannah laughed as she put more lipstick on me.

After she stepped back, deciding she was done, I was finally able to see myself in the mirror. Hannah had curled my hair and put more makeup on me than I had ever worn.

"You look hot," Hannah cheered.

"Yeah, whatever," I smirked as the doorbell rang, "I'll go get it."

I ran down the stairs and opened the front door. Chris, Chandler, and Jake were standing there.

"You look hot, why do you look hot? Where are you going?" Chandler questioned.

"Is that an insult or a compliment?" I asked with a laugh, "why are you ringing the doorbell? You have keys."

"He lost them," Jake laughed.

I stepped aside to let them all in before I went to go back up to Hannah's room.

"Not so fast," Chandler laughed, "what's the deal with the makeup?"

"Hannah did it," I answered simply.

"For what?" Chandler asked.

"Bite me," I laughed.

"Just whatever you're doing, be careful. I know how hard you work for school and I don't want it to get messed up for you."

"Too late. I lost my chances at a scholarship, so I'm stuck here," I called back to Chandler as I went back up to Hannah's room.

"How did you lose your chances at a scholarship?" Chandler asked.

"I got my hand crushed before the championship," I called back to him before I shut Hannah's door.

I ignored whatever else Chandler was saying as I sat on the desk chair in Hannah's room. I waited around, scrolling through Instagram while Hannah got herself ready. After she finished her makeup, Hannah tossed a black dress at me. I looked over the unfortunately small amount of material.

"Where did you even get this?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it," Hannah laughed, "just put it on."

I changed into the tight strapless black dress, and desperately tried to pull it down further to cover more of my legs.

"Yeah hottie," Hannah squealed, "I get to dress you from now on."

"The hell you do," I scoffed, "ready to go?"

Hannah and I both put our shoes on and snuck down the stairs. We made it out to my car without being seen and were able to leave the dark driveway unnoticed. I followed Hannah's directions towards the college campus. I wanted to do this with her, but I also really didn't want to do this.

I parked my car in a parking lot that Hannah directed me to and gave her my keys to put in her purse. I followed behind Hannah up to the frat house.

"This is going to be so much fun," Hannah geeked as we walked towards the fraternity house.

"Don't forget about our deal," I laughed, "neither of us leave without the other."

"I won't. Let's go find Tom."

We walked through the house that was overflowing with people. The music was so loud I couldn't hear my own thoughts and all I could smell was beer. I followed behind Hannah as she searched for Tom. If Hannah didn't come up with this idea, I'd never be here. I'm uncomfortable with what I'm wearing, I'm uncomfortable being surrounded by this many people in a place I've never been, and I hate the smell of alcohol. I am a t-shirt and vans kind of girl, not a tight dress and heels kind of girl.