2 (IH)

A black serpent.
Yellow eyes.
There was.
There was a.
There was a black serpent with yellow eyes.
There was a BLACK SERPENT IN A BOOKSHOP and a customer was screaming.
"What is it?" Questioned Aziraphale worriedly rushing towards the sound. The customer finished screaming and ran outside leaving two others looking to where the woman had been. "Ah" Aziraphale said, realisation creeping into his voice, "err, nothing to worry about, don't worry, it's all fine" trying to reassure other customers was a tricky job he thought. Then he lifted up the sleeping demon, which let out a little hiss, and took it away from the customers' sight. The snake wrapped itself around it's angel, hissing again gently under it's breath. "Crowley, dear, you can't go around scaring people like that."
"I'm sssscaring them? She sssscared me with her sssscreaming." Crowley explained in his defence. Aziraphale just tutted and rolled his eyes.
"Well, at least sleep in the back if you have to, especially in this form." He could pretend to be annoyed, or cross, but he wasn't, he didn't really care whether people left or not, he certainly had no intention of selling anything to them anyway. The snake hissed, slithering off his beloved to the ground, and turning into human form. Aziraphale smiled fondly at him before turning to go back to the front. Crowley blushed, only after his angel left though, obviously.
He gazed around, curiously, he had been in this part of the bookshop before, obviously, but never alone. There was a small plant, on the windowsill, not looking particularly healthy, he hissed and it straightened up. He was bored. He left the room and sauntered round the bookshop aimlessly.
He sauntered. He scared people unintentionally. He couldn't work out why. He accidentally burned his hand on a bible. He got some more strange looks. Realised he didn't have his sunglasses. Put on some sunglasses. Dozed on the sofa. Woke up. Tried to find his angel. Found him. Sauntered some more. Got in the way. Bung his knee on a table. Got in the way some more. Became bored and even more bored. Decided to just leave.
"I'm going angel." He stated to Aziraphale.
"Oh" Aziraphale reacted, disappointed.
"Well I'll stay if you want me to." He suggested. Aziraphale nodded.
"I was just about to close." This was a lie, it was only 1 o'clock and he obviously just wanted Crowley to stay, but there were no complaints there.

~~
They were sitting on the sofa together, contemplating, watching as people went by, going on with their lives like normal, oblivious to armageddon't.
"You're a snake." Aziraphale interrupted the comfortable silence.
"Glad you worked that one out." Crowley chuckled. Aziraphale rolled his eyes for the second time that day (that must be a new record, Crowley thought).
"What's it like?"
"What? Being a snake?" Aziraphale nodded
"It's just like being a snake." Explained Crowley bluntly. The bluntness was false, because he actually rather enjoyed being a snake. Aziraphale hummed in response, before asking
"Do you like snakes?"
"Course."
"Did you create them? You know, when you were an angel." A fact is that when angels Fall, they are completely forgotten apart from a name, so Aziraphale had no idea who Crowley might've been.
"Err, no, just liked them." Crowley seemed a but put off by the mention of Falling, but now Aziraphale was curious.
"Who were you before you Fell? If you don't mind my asking."
"Er, no it's alright, but I wasn't anyone important." He lied.
"Is that so? In Eden you seemed to know me, had we met?"
"Yeah," Crowley's answer was short.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't intrude like this."
"It's fine."
"Though I know you're lying, I can sense it you know."
Crowley remained silent.
"well, it doesn't matter anyway, I know you now, that's what matters."
Crowley hummed. Aziraphale stood up to leave.
"Raphael," Crowley interrupted, then a little quieter; "I was Raphael."

A/N
Bit shorter this time (660 words), I'm a bit idea-less, but thank you so much for reading this. Requests are still open. (Very very open)