61 (IH)

"Crowley dear," Aziraphale started, walking into the main part of the bookshop with a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hm?" Crowley replied, to acknowledge the fact he had heard, although he didn't look up at the angel.

"Do my eyes betray me, or are you reading a book?" His eyes weren't betraying him though, the demon was, in fact, reading a book. Aziraphale didn't think he had ever seen Crowley reading, and had begun to question whether he even could read, but here he was.

"Ngk" Crowley replied, embarrassed. Aziraphale looked at him, expectant for an explanation of some kind.

"What are you reading?" The angel eventually asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"Nothing, angel." This just made Aziraphale even more curious, and he stepped forward, closer to the demon, to try and catch a glimpse of the book's cover. "It's really nothing angel." Crowley assured him, but he could see the lie.

In the end, Aziraphale snatched the book out of the demon's hand.

"Fallen Archangels." Aziraphale read aloud the title on the cover. "Crowley, why on Earth are you reading this?" He asked.

Crowley mumbled something that Aziraphale couldn't hear (it may have been along the lines of no reason, although that was a lie). Aziraphale continued to look at the demon, waiting for a proper answer.

"I wanted to know how accurate it is." He said. Aziraphale gave the book back, since he could tell he wasn't going to get a better answer.

The demon continued to read, until he got to the section about himself. He glanced up at Aziraphale to make sure he wasn't watching, and wondered if the angel remembered him at all. Did the Principality remember even just his name? He glanced down at the introduction page for the next section of the book, which was titled Archangel Raphael. Did Aziraphale remember anything about them in Heaven before he fell? Did he understand how happy Crowley had been to see him in Eden? Of course not. That was part of the punishment for angels when they fell, and it was the worst part of falling.

A/N
Idk, has anyone got any ineffable husbands requests because I'm kind of running out of ideas for them. (Word count: 376)