33 (IB)

Gabriel had just been down to Earth, and he'd had to tell Mary that she was pregnant with Christ. It was awkward, and one question kept shooting around his head; why can't humans just accept things?! There always has to be a fuss.

He had been with his most angelic look possible, with his wings out, and his clothes glowing white. He had to, how else could he prove he was an angel? He decided afterwards that while he was on Earth he might as well have a look around at how the humans were doing. He went to his human form again a bit away from Mary, and looked around for any signs of life to ask about what was happening these days. There were some people in a field, watching the sheep, so he made his way over there.

"Hello." He greeted, as he got closer to the shadows in the dark. The three of them turned, two smiled, and the other looked familiar but he couldn't tell why because it was too dark. It was at least 11pm, and normal humans would find it strange that these people were still outside, but Gabriel didn't realise it was weird. There were some annoying flies buzzing somewhere nearby. "I was just wondering..." he wasn't really sure what he was wondering, "I'm travelling and have no where to stay." He lied. He stole the idea partly from what was to happen to Mary and Joseph in the future, but also because Heaven was expecting him to be down on Earth for a bit longer.

"You can't ztay here." The familiar looking one said shortly, and Gabriel would've recognised the buzz immediately if it weren't so windy.

"Don't be so short," said another, "I'm sure we can make some room." He wasn't sure why he was being so generous, but the person felt like a person they should be generous towards.

The familiar one walked off, the other two followed, and Gabriel followed, unsure what else to do.

When they arrived at a small house, Gabriel umm-ed to get noticed. "You can stay in the main room." One of them said. They entered the fairly small household, and there were three doors which they each disappeared into, which must've been the bedrooms. He didn't sleep, so he just sat around all night, grateful for not being outside in the wind and rain. Something was odd though, he could tell that the short familiar one wasn't sleeping either because of the noises that happened every once in a while. They were not strange sounds, they were just of things like chairs scraping against the ground, or paper being moved.

After a while, curiosity got the better of him, he was bored anyway. He knocked on the door. "What iz it?" The person replied, quietly so they wouldn't wake the others. He recognised that buzz now he could hear it. He opened the door slightly.

"Beelzebub what are you doing on Earth?" He asked.

"Keeping an eye out for angelz." They said, grinning as Gabriel realised he shouldn't have talked to the people. He had given Hell an advantage. "I won't zay anything about you." They added, which surprised Gabriel.

"Why not?" He asked, walking fully into the room and sitting on the bed. Beelzebub was sitting at a desk with paperwork, but not as much as normal.

"Dunno. Don't push your luck." He could tell they weren't serious.

"Well, thanks." He said, instantly regretting it.

"Zhut up" they shouted, somehow still keeping quiet.

"Whatever." He said, not-caringly. "I'm guessing you know why I'm here."

"Yup. Christ sounds a bit dull, I'm looking forward to when the Antichrist comes along."
They said,

"Yes but then we have to fight." Gabriel said, and despite the fact he would deny it, he didn't really want to have to fight because he'd have to fight Beelzebub. He didn't know why he didn't want to fight them, but he just didn't.

Beelzebub, surprisingly, didn't object to that. They just sighed lazily, throwing their pen to the side, got up and flopped onto the bed, lying down. "2000 bloody years to go." They mumbled.

"It's still a long time though. A lot can happen in 2000 years." Gabriel said, trying to be positive, although he was struggling.

"A lot can happen in one night." Beelzebub added, smirking when they saw Gabriel's face scrunch up with disgust. They pulled the duvet over themselves.

"You don't need to sleep." Gabriel reminded them.

"I like sleeping." Beelzebub's muffled voice came from under the layers, before they pulled the blanket tighter over themselves. It was quite cold, and they didn't like being cold, Hell was surprisingly warm and they'd grown to quite like it. Gabriel decided to leave, it was pointless staying.

He spent the next hour or so thinking about why he liked Beelzebub. He shouldn't, they were a demon, he was an angel. It was a simple concept; he should hate them, and yet it was such a difficult one to keep by.

After that hour, be heard a fly buzzing around, and automatically assumed it was Beelzebub. He assumed correctly. Beelzebub landed next to him on the armrest of the sofa, before turning to human form. The pair stayed silent. Beelzebub slouched down to sink into the main part of the sofa, and leaned back onto Gabriel, sighing. They fell asleep there instead, with his arms wrapped around them.

~~
In the morning, Beelzebub woke to see that Gabriel (despite his insistence on never sleeping) had in fact dozed off. They had to pinch themselves to stop them laughing at him and waking him up.

A/N
Idk. I like to do the main part of a story, and whatever happens next doesn't really matter, so sorry if these are all blunt endings. Anyway thx for reading and please send some requests. (Word count: 987)

Edit: seriously has anyone got any requests because I have no ideas rn.