58 (IB)

Quick A/N: this is a proper chapter to make up for the shitty last one 😂

Everyone in Hell seemed to be very rushy-aroundy and Beelzebub couldn't work out why. Did they care why? No. So that was that. They were in their office, trying to get through some of the infinite paperwork and could hear demons rushing around outside. They could hear lots if doors opening and closing. This was strange.

They didn't care, but maybe it was an excuse not to be doing paperwork for a while. Maybe it was going to make more paperwork for a future Beelzebub. But future Beelzebub was in the future and present Beelzebub was curious. So, present Beelzebub got up and left their office.

It really was an understatement to say things were a bit busy; people seemed to be everywhere. Important people, at least. The lesser demons probably had no idea something was going on, but as they entered the main meeting room for the 7 princes and other important demons, pretty much all the important demons were there.

"What'zz going on?" They asked. They seemed to have become one of the most important demons, apart from Lucifer, of course, and everyone glanced at them for a moment to acknowledge their presence. Dagon spoke.

"Heaven sent us a message saying one of the Archangels has fallen." She said severely. Beelzebub's eyes widened. That was interesting. But, wait, Gabriel was an Archangel. What if he had fallen? It was likely because of the secret relationship between him and Beelzebub.

"Who?" They asked, their voice was unsteady, and they hoped desperately that it wasn't Gabriel. The other angels wouldn't remember him, they would remember him but they didn't want him to have lost his position as Archangel completely. Then again, if he had fallen, maybe they would be allowed to be together properly.

"We don't know yet." Dagon said. Beelzebub huffed. It added up though, the angels couldn't remember who'd fallen but they would be able to remember that someone had. It was like a small victory every time Hell got it's hands on another angel. "Apparently he's fallen for traitorous relationships, which means we have to find whichever demon it was with." She added. Shitshitshit Beelzebub thought. It was pointless trying to convince themselves that it might be another Archangel, you never know. Gabriel might not be the only one seeing a demon. It was a stupid hope to have.

~~
The atmosphere was heavy with anticipation, but after 10 minutes and nothing happening Beelzebub went back to their office - mostly so they could huddle up in a ball and worry about Gabriel. Time passed, and the horrifying thoughts seemed to devour them, and when there was a knock at the door, they were suddenly ripped out of the forest of worry.

Dagon stuck their head around the door. "He's arrived." She said. By arrived, Beelzebub could only assume she meant had got out of the hot pool of sulphur and found their way to head office. They looked up, expectantly. "Asked to see you." She explained. That was worrying, that meant that it could be Gabriel.

"Who is it?" They asked, terrified. Dagon didn't answer and closed the door. They were alone again. They had to prepare themselves for the worst, in case the worst would come.

There was another, weaker knock.

"Come in." They yelled, staring up at the door with complete dread. Gabriel's head appeared round the door. Beelzebub sighed, and stared down at their desk.

Gabriel entered and closed the door behind him. Beelzebub stood up and threw themselves around him in a huge hug. The ex-Archangel stiffly hugged back. "Don't worry." They said, to Gabriel as well as themselves. It felt like someone had died, in human terms, at least.

When they pulled away a few minutes later, they gestured for the newly fallen angel to sit in the chair.

"I have to do this," Beelzebub regretfully started, getting some paper together, "but what was the reason for your fall?" They wrote down his name, and previous position as Archangel.

"Er, being in love with a demon." He explained. Beelzebub hesitated, just before their pen hit the paper. They were in a relationship together, and they knew they loved each other, but they'd never realised Gabriel was in love with them. They wrote down reason for fall: relationship with a demon simply, not wanting to make any kind of scene or giving demons too much of a reason to be suspicious.

"Who?" They asked.

"You know who." Gabriel said, confused.

"I have to ask who, but if you refuse to say who then no one else gets in trouble." They explained, not looking up from the paper.

"Oh, then I'm not saying who." He understood now. That was it, it was so simple. Beelzebub put the paper to the side and went over to Gabriel, examining some of the burns.

They touched a particularly bad one on his neck gently, and he flinched, so they pulled their hand away. They didn't want to hurt him more.

"Get some rest." They instructed, before lightly brushing their lips against his and leaving.

~~
Beelzebub stormed into Heaven, and went straight to the office which contained the three remaining Archangels.

"Why did you make him fall?" They asked, shouting, or buzzing, rather. The three angels were startled, and stood up from the chairs they were on.

"It was God." Sandalphon said quickly. Angels weren't supposed to lie, they weren't good at it anyway, and Beelzebub could see it was a lie easily.

"That'zzzz a lie. Why did you make him fall?" They were buzzing uncontrollably, and knew that their behaviour was suspicious, but did they care? No.

"We have to make an example of traitors." Michael said. Beelzebub glared at them.

"He wazn't a traitor." They said. They knew he technically was, but it wasn't effecting anything, and he loved being an Archangel anyway.

"He was." Uriel said. There wasn't much for Beelzebub to do in this situation, so instead they created some Hellfire in their hand as a threat. They didn't know what they were threatening though.

"You didn't have to make him fall though." Beelzebub defended.

The Archangels said nothing, so Beelzebub randomly threw the ball of fire in between them, and it landed by Michael's feet, who jumped back. The fly stormed off in as much of a huff as they had arrived. Stupid angels.

~~
When they arrived back in their office, Gabriel was sat in the same chair inspecting his six wings, which were now a burnt black. It felt painful just to look at the once beautiful wings. The feathers were now mostly broken, and singed at the edges. Beelzebub was going to kill the angels who had done this to him, but for now they went over to him and tried to comfort him.

A/N
Idk how to end this. I'm so sad just writing this tho. Thx for reading I'll try to do a happier chapter next. (Word count: 1178)