71 (A/N)

"Do you have to practise so much?" Newt asked, half awake. It was 5am, and, as always, Anathema was getting up to do some witchcraft practise thing. She'd told him what it was a million times but he could never remember - probably because he didn't care.

"Of course." Anathema replied, getting dressed. Newt admired her from the bed, what had he ever done to deserve such a beautiful woman? Helped save the world was the answer to that. She took her glasses from the bedside table and they exchanged a brief kiss before she left.

Newt lay in bed, relaxing. He had that nice feeling of not having to do anything that came with it being a Saturday. He considered going back to sleep, but he was surprisingly awake to say the time. Every morning for the last 4 months he had been woken up at 5am by Anathema, yet he never got used to it. He was not a morning person. Maybe it should be illegal for the time of 5 in the morning to even exist; it was just too early.

10 minutes and a lot of silent debating later, he got up and dressed, and went down to the kitchen. The house was a nice one - the area was nice and big, and they could keep an eye on the Antichrist (there's a sentence he never thought he'd say). The kitchen was large, and he set to work, getting out flour, milk and and egg from the cupboard and fridge.

He whisked the egg and mixed some flour and milk in until he had a good consistency, before pouring it into the frying pan a bit at a time.

At half past 5, Anathema came back from wherever she had been practising a spell of some sort and was greeted with pancakes. There were 4 each stacked up on the table, with a selection of lemon juice, sugar, chocolate spread, syrup and raspberry sauce set out in the middle.

"You didn't have to." She told Newt, who was stood on the other side of the table smiling at her. She grinned back, before they both sat down.

Newt had lemon juice with sugar on the all, whilst Anathema had chocolate spread on one, and syrup on the other three.

"Thank you." She said, once they'd finished. At 6 o'clock, they ended up going back to bed, and lying with each other, relaxing and talking.

A/N
Haha tricked you you thought this chapter was an author's note one but it was Anathema/Newt one. I think I'll include them a bit more in future chapters. Send requests if you have any 🙃 (Word count: 447)