Chapter 3

The next day wasn't better for Connor. He was nervous, his case wasn't easy to make any progress. He was just sitting at his desk idly and forcing clues to connect.

Happily for him, Niles hasn't spoken to him since morning. Connor thought he might feel guilty after yesterday's incident, but he quickly left this thought. It was Niles. Emotionless, soulless android. A machine with one mission - to get rid of Connor.

Hank glanced at his partner from time to time to check if he was doing alright. He didn't look bad, but Anderson was sure in his head was a lot more than he was showing.

"Connor, is everything okay?" He asked eventually, when the android frowned again with anger, like he was thinking about something intensively.

He raised his head, surprised by the question. He looked with the corner of his eye at Niles, who was sitting at the same place as the day before.

"Everything's okay," he answered, looking at the terminal.

· · ·

They came into interrogation room, glancing at the witness behind a two-way mirror. He calmly looked around, waiting for any policeman to start to interrogate him.

After a while, Hank went there and sat in front of an angler freely.

"How did you find the body?"

"I went fishing. I put the bait on and when I was about to cast my fishing rod, I noticed it. At first, I thought it was some log, but then it started to drift towards the coast. When I realised it's a body, I needed some time to calm down. I called the police."

"Does anyone else go there?"

The man wondered for a moment to remember something.

"Yeah... some guy, but we were only greeting, I don't even know his name."

"Can you describe his appearance?"

The man nodded a little hesitantly and talked. The lieutenant noted every information, in the meantime thinking of a next question.

Even though everything went well and Connor didn't have to real badly concentrate on the interrogation, in his head chaos was leading and his sight couldn't stop on one concrete thing. He felt like he was going to explode in any moment from standing in one place. RK900 didn't have this problem, he was watching the witness and with his hands folded behind his back, he was standing near Connor.

He was calm and didn't feel anything more than will to finish his order. And its finish was equal to death of his predecessor. It definitely terrified Connor the most.

"Alright, I think it's everything." He heard Hank, glancing at a two-way mirror.

Everyone left the interrogation room and splited up. The witness was probably returning to his family, trying to forget the view of the corpse in the lake. And the trio sat at their spots in the office.

"We have to copy this description into data base," Niles stated.

"If the culprit was recorded earlier," Connor doubted.

"You think this psycho didn't commit any crime before?" Hank asked.

"No, I think he could hide well and didn't let the police catch him so easily."

Anderson was analysing his words for a moment.

"We have to do it anyway," Niles said.

Partners looked at him. He was right, it was their procedure. Maybe they'll find the culprit between Detroit's recorded citizen's. They had to check every clue they found.