Chapter 15

Uncertainty was consuming Niles, when he was sitting next to Gavin on backseats in the lieutenant's car. They were going to visit Martina second time that day, and it won't be good for her mentality. That's why he was worried. Involuntarily.

And he wasn't sure if he was mad at that or glad he felt something, at least. He was looking out the window, where the day was as usual, the sun shined high in the sky, partially covered with clouds. He was right behind Connor, so he couldn't look at him directly. He wanted to make sure he was alright - for now he's stress levels were at thirty six percent, and it increased every time he spotted an android outside.

To the eyewitness of the store's incident, they arrived quite fast, just after around ten minutes. Hank pulled up at the pavement, in front of the small house that looked really taken care of and its neighbourhood seemed calm, then they all got out the car and went to the front door. A doorbell rang, when Connor pressed a button near the doorframe.

A young man who opened the door, raised his brows and watched the policemen's faces when he saw them. He surely recognised Anderson and Connor.

"Lieutenant Anderson, detective Reed, Connor and Niles from the DPD," Hank almost recited.

"Did something happen?" The witness asked, confused.

"We wanna know more 'bout the android you saw today," the lieutenant explained.

The man just nodded and let the four policemen in.

"Do you remember anything characteristic that caught your eye in that android?" Connor asked, when they stood in a corridor.

Walking into a living room or anywhere more inside wasn't needed, really, they had to ask only a few questions. From around a corner, a little girl peeked at the policemen, looking at them in slight interest.

"Good afternoon...?" She said quietly, visibly abashed.

"Katy, go back to your room," the witness said, Niles identified him as Warren Gott.

The girl, that nodded at his words and came back to wherever she was earlier, was his younger sister.

Warren looked at Connor again, remembering his question. He also sent them an apologizing smile.

"I think he had a blue cap and I could see his LED under it."

"Anything about his clothes?" Hank asked this time.

Gott had to think for a moment. He furrowed his brows, trying to remember.

"He had a brown coat with blood stains," he stammered, finally.

They didn't have to note the answers, androids remembered every conversation details immediately. Thanks to that, they didn't waste time.

"Alright, thanks and sorry for another visit," the lieutenant said, walking toward the exit.

Warren nodded and walked them to the door, doesn't matter it was a short way.

A moment after, they were on their way to the hospital, where Martina Harper should be. Niles glanced at Gavin, who visibly was in a mean mood and he wanted to do something to make his partner feel better. However, he didn't know what, and besides, Reed wouldn't appreciate his efforts.

The detective turned his head to him and snorted, noticing the android's gaze.

"Are you scanning me again, tin can?" He asked in a way the ones in front didn't get curious.

"I don't need to, it's obvious at first sight something's wrong," he answered, tone the same.

Then the car stopped, so they both guessed they reached their destination, so they chose to not talk anymore. All four of them went to the building.